|Battle for Dream Island 5b|
BFDIA 5b is an Adobe Flash game that is intended to be an "episode" of Battle for Dream Island's second season, Battle for Dream Island Again, which ended with 5 episodes.
The game is rather a playable Flash game instead of a animated episode hosted on YouTube. Episode 5b, while seen as difficult by most fans, who dissed it in favor of a real episode, 5c, over more levels for the game from a poll, it does have its fans.
This was the 2nd part of the 5th episode, which is a challenge about getting to Yoyle City and climb the summit of the Yoyle Mountain, that takes between FreeSmart members and other objects got eaten by Evil Leafy, and FreeSmart exits Evil Leafy and catches up.
The game has not been finished, with only 54 levels out of an intended 133 having been released. The last update, which added Levels 50-53 (4 new levels), was released on February 25, 2013. Cary and Michael Huang have stated that they do want to continue creating the game, but are having trouble with college.
A placeholder level called "undefined" is in the game. You can't do anything here, though, due to there being no objects or playable characters on-screen.
To reach this level, you must play on Level 53. Since there is a wall blocking the player from getting across, the player must rely on several exploits (e.g. grab boosting) to get Book, Match, and Ice Cube across. Once the level is completed, the unused level is shown.
Another way to get to this level is on a site with an improper copy of the game without levels.txt.
A total of eight characters are present in the game's files, complete but unplayable: Bubble, Ruby, Pencil, Firey, Coiny, Lego Brick, Tune, and Waffle. 3 out of the 8 characters are rejected recommended characters, while the rest are the cast of BFDI.
- Bubble is able to jump extremely high and float down, but if she collides with anything that isn’t solid ground, she will pop, needing to be recovered by the Hand-Powered-Recovery-Center.
- Ruby jumps lower than the other characters, but can attract any Win Token within a radius.
- Pencil is mostly like Match, and can throw objects extremely far.
- Firey has sprites in the game, but cant be played as, even with hacking.
- Coiny, just like Firey, has sprites in the game but is unable to be played as.
- Lego Brick is like Ice Cube, but can jump really high.
- Tune is almost as fast as Ice Cube, but acts exactly like Book.
- Waffle has a VERY short jump height, but is able to be jumped on by any character.
The first five were intended to be found by the player as the game progressed, but this has not come to fruition due to development having stalled. They were playable at one point in development (except for Firey and Coiny), as seen in the game's trailer.
The latter three are present in the game, but only as NPCs.
There was a level editor that was supposed to be finished, but due to the developers' college issues, the level editor is still locked. The level editor was supposed to allow you to put characters, playable or not, objects, titles, dialog, and a background.
To order to make levels in the meantime, you will need to edit the levels.txt file and load the game.