A billiards game with a visual novel-like story.
CAROM2/DATA1/UTITLE.TMB is the graphic repository for the American release's title screen. What is curious is that the original Japanese release also has it, and also includes an early rendition for the main asset.
- The title screen layout was completely altered for the game's localization.
- The interface fonts are completely different between both variants.
- The pause menu has more options in the American release, which include those for changing the volume of the sound effects and music, as well as for changing the CD to play different music. The overlaying color is also darker.
- When pausing the game in Backstreet Billiards, the music stops, likely to accomodate for the new CD Change option. This does not happen in Carom Shot 2.
- Congratulatory screens appear when completing the Technical and Trickshot modes in the American localization, which don't appear in the original Japanese release. Their assets are found in files TECHCLR.TMB and TRICKCLR.TMB in CAROM/DATA3.
In the American release, there's an additional cutscene for when the player first enters the Emperion Building. Its assets are located in CAROM/DATA3/IMDEMO.TMB.