The story about the most radical sword out there.
The game was heavily cut down when it was released in America. Document differences. Also, unused graphics.
Game Genie code AESNNNNY (US) or AENNONNY (Japan) will re-enable some debug leftovers:
- During the game, press B on Controller 2 to skip the current level.
- While the game is paused, you can add any items and ammo to your inventory by using the D-Pad and A on Controller 2.
- Enable invincibility by pressing Left + B on Controller 2 (for the US version) or Controller 1 (for the Japanese version).
The game uses the string
to determine if the game was soft or hard reset.
The password screen looks very different between regions. Also, in the Japanese version the password screen is selectable from the main menu. For the US version, it's only accessible by holding Up and pressing A, B, A, B on the title screen.
- The Japanese version has a short story intro. The US version just goes to the title screen.
- The UI is different between regions.
- The Japanese version has a short poem during the ending, and a piece of artwork showing the hero and the princess riding a horse. These were removed for the US version.