King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella/AGI Version
This is a sub-page of King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella.
Alongside the better-known release based on the shiny-new SCI engine, Sierra simultaneously released a version of the game using the older AGI engine used in previous King's Quest games, for use by lower-end systems that couldn't quite handle the new tech. They strongly overestimated the amount of players that would be affected by the engine switch, and quickly ceased production of new copies. As such, the AGI version is pretty rare nowadays.
Press ALT+D (or Command-D in the Mac version) to enable some debugging words. These features are disabled upon entering a new room.
Here's the complete word list:
- TP: Teleport to the appropriate room.
- POS: Set Rosella's X and Y positions.
- GET OBJECT: Puts the appropriate object by ID in the player's inventory.
- OBJECT or SP: Gives status on the appropriate object.
- SET VAR: Sets a chosen variable to a given value.
- SHOW VAR: Displays the value of a variable.
- SET FLAG: Sets the appropriate flag.
- RESET FLAG: Resets the appropriate flag.
- SHOW FLAG: Displays info on a flag (can be either set or not set).
- CREATE DAY: Forces the world to be in daytime.
- CREATE DARK: Ditto, but for nighttime.
- TIME: Gives the in-game time.
- TRACE: Supposed to activate Trace Mode, but does not function.
Some additional commands are available if debug mode is activated on the copy-protection screen:
- MARBLE: Bypass the copy protection and go to the title screen.
- PIRATE: Receive a stern talking to for your piracy, accompanied by some randomly-chosen unique art and a beepy rendition of "what shall we do with a drunken sailor", before the game quits out.
Exclusive to the AGI version are some goofy Easter eggs.
Beam Me Up!
After defeating Lolotte, go to the corridor outside of the prison cell and type BEAM ME. You'll be beamed up to a spaceship where the developers are hanging out. Type LOOK for some developer credits, and TALK TO PEOPLE for some miscellaneous quotes from those gathered.
The KQ Rap
After defeating Lolotte, go back to your prison cell, stand in the center of the room (the positioning's a bit finicky), and type RAP KQ. Rosella will start breakdancing while the programmers do their level-best to bust some rhymes. Bless 'em.