This game has unused text.
MegaRace is a futuristic racing game known for being one of the first games to feature pre-rendered levels and full motion video.
MegaRace has two separate but nearly identical English-language subtitle files, MEGAAMER.SUB and MEGAENGL.SUB. The former isn't actually used by the game, and contains a longer bit of dialog for one of the bad endings.
|"The Enforcer can't take the heat, huh? It's because of quitters like him that vicious speed-gangs miss out on a wonderful rehabilitation program. Tune in next time to Mega Race, when we'll have a real Enforcer to admire! I'm Lance Boyle, and you'd be too, if you were me."||"The Enforcer can't take the heat, huh? It's because of quitters like him that vicious speed-gangs miss out on a wonderful rehabilitation program developed by New Directions in Meat Incorporated, makers of Bleed, the candy-bar poor folks love to be a part of! Tune in next time to Mega Race, when we'll have a real Enforcer to admire! I'm Lance Boyle, and you'd be too, if you were me."|
At the end of each subtitle file, there is also a string which doesn't appear in any of Lance's cutscenes. It was probably intended for the introduction to the Skyholder bonus stages, but it isn't heard in game.
- English: "Oh, and by the way... This time the bad guys are coming right at you! So hang on to your face, tough guy!"
- French: "Oh, et propos... Cette fois-ci, les bagarreurs t'arrivent droit dessus! Alors attache tes ceintures, mon pote!"
- German: "Und übrigens... Dieses Mal kommen die Bösewichter direkt auf Dich zu! Jetzt gilts, Rauhbein!"
- Italian: "Oh, e a proposito... Questa volta i balordi stanno venendo proprio da te! Proteggiti la faccia, quindi, uomo duro!"
- Spanish: "Ah!, a propósito... Esta vez los malos vienen directamente a por ti. Resiste, tipo duro!"