This page details prerelease information and/or media for Yoshi Topsy-Turvy.
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
There seem to be at least two different prerelease versions.
One version shows a gravity indicator in the top right corner of the screen (a little man standing on a seesaw). This indicator apparently got scrapped sometime before E3 2005, which marks the second prerelease version.
A few prerelease screenshots exist, courtesy of themushroomkingdom.net. This article aims to compare between those screenshots and the final game.
Generally speaking, the art changed quite a bit from the prerelease to the final version. The graphics for Yoshi and pretty much all enemies and objects got refined in some way.
- Slight differences in shading and sharpness.
- The prerelease didn't have the GBA icon yet.
- ー was changed to 〜.
The prerelease image seems to be the equivalent to the final release's level 3-3.
- As mentioned before, the art is very different, generally speaking.
- The floor color changed from yellow to green, and the sky from blue to green.
- The objective for this level changed from killing 5 Tap-Taps to killing 8 Tap-Taps.
The prerelease image seems to be the equivalent to the final release's level 4-9.
- The goal graphic was made brighter and received a white stroke.
- The Goonie is more detailed in the final version.
- The sky became more cyan.
- The objective for this level changed from getting 20 coins to getting 75 coins.
- The prerelease shows an early balloon sprite.
Take some of the screenshots from themushroomkingdom-net and compare to final.