Proto:Beethoven: The Ultimate Canine Caper (SNES)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Beethoven: The Ultimate Canine Caper (SNES).
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
A proto exists, which appears to be very close to release candidacy as there are very few differences.
The header of the proto is still using the title "Super Tom & Jerry", which might explain this.
- When you start either scene in world 1, Beethoven starts too far to the left. If you wait a few seconds, this will be corrected and the dog will "jerk" right to the furthest left the game allows. This was fixed in the final.
- Occasionally, enemies will make no sound if they're killed off-screen in the proto.
- An apple was repositioned in world 2-2 to not be an unavoidable hit.
- When using a charged growl against the dogs in world 3, they appear to whine twice in the proto creating an "echo" effect. This was fixed in the final.
- The growl when Beethoven's bark projectile is charging up is much longer in the proto.
- The puppy whine is rougher and lower-pitched.
The Beethoven series
|SNES||The Ultimate Canine Caper (Prototype)|
|Game Boy||The Ultimate Canine Caper|