Proto:Nintendo DSi/Pre-compiled Unnamed SDK Menu
This is a sub-page of Proto:Nintendo DSi.
|This page or section details content from the September 2020 Nintendo Leak.
Check the September 2020 Nintendo Leak category for more pages also sourced from this material.
On September 9th 2020, several Nintendo assets focusing on various things such as lotchecks and source code leaked onto 4chan. Amongst these archives and different Nintendo DSi source code branches are early (and complete) pre-compiled System Menu and System Settings builds. Weirdly enough, these builds were compiled on March 4th 2013 and the SDK / IPL numbers are absent.
A build of the System Menu can be found in TwlIPL\branches\20130304_launcher_save_app_tosd_Remodel\build\systemMenu_RED\Launcher\ARM9\bin\ARM9-TS.LTD.thumb\Release\HNAA.nand.srl.
Despite the basic menu, there is quite some things to cover.
- The Health & Safety screen is just a common Nintendo logo.
- There is no music.
- The menu boots up to a race start theme from Mario Kart Double Dash!!.
- The main UI is simplified. The text banner isn't a speak bubble and reaches the end of the screen, the applications aren't boxed, there are no scanlines or "Nintendo DSi Menu" text and the top screen shows just a clock.
- There are indicators for each language showing which translated text goes where.
- There is no battery level indicator.
- Icons zoom in when highlighted and spin away when selected.
- There is an option titled HotSw, standing for Hotswap. Disabling it by pressing X disables Slot-1 access.
- Applications cannot be sorted, and are sorted by default based on title ID in alphabetical order.
- There is a function titled BL, standing for "backlight". Pressing the arrows or Up and Down on the D-Pad changes the brightness.
- For an unknown reason, launching cartridges sometimes causes the system to cycle through the 4 brightness levels rapidly for about a minute. After that, the cartridge boots like normal.
- The scroll bar acts a little different in this version of the menu: Instead of stopping to a halt when you let go like in the final menu, this one will keep going for a bit before stopping and will even bounce off corners.
- Highlighted apps will flash in the scroll bar.
The app has a more detailed - and better icon, but just like the final icon, it can't be seen normally as it's not an app that can be launched from the System Menu and it's not included in System Settings.