Proto:Spyro: Shadow Legacy/Dragon Dojo
This is a sub-page of Proto:Spyro: Shadow Legacy.
- When saving Tomas from the beams, he's already up in the prototype, with only one piece of wood covering his left leg. In the final, he's completely covered underneath. The prototype also has a random off-color beam present.
- Grammar fix. Tomas says "their" instead of "they're".
- When Tomas asks Spyro to follow him, he disappears off screen and Spyro automatically appears in the Dojo with him. In the final, Spyro has to actually follow him there. The angle at which they speak is also different.
- The dragon cave entrance has no model, and is just a big black square. Spyro can pass through some of the top graphics.
- There are two torches placed beside the head. In the final, it's the torches in the eyes that must be lit.
- Very minor text change to account for this change:
|Light the 2 torches in the eyes and the mouth will open.||Light the 2 torches by the eyes and the mouth will open.|
- There's a boulder blocking the other path in the final, but it's absent in the prototype.
- A wall is present in the prototype, but absent in the final.
- Spyro can clip through the mountain at the bottom.
- When Sensei talks, he speaks slower in the final game. In the prototype, Horn Jab is not colored purple and the entire explanation is done in one go.
- In the final, purple light appears to announce the enemies' arrival. In the prototype, they appear out of thin air.
- Tomas tells Spyro to use his new Horn Jab move rather than his new Dragon-Kata.
- Temple is not capitalized.
- In the prototype, the shadow portal is in the center of Sensei's room. In the final, it's located at the bottom left.
- After defeating the Long Legs, the cage fades away by rapidly flickering out. In the final, the screen fades out and back in to reveal that it hasn't disappeared.
- Tomas' speech about the cage fading away and touching Sensei is absent in the prototype. He goes straight on to teach Spyro the Tail Hammer move. Like before, he's quicker at explaining things in the prototype.
- After completing the Tail Hammer move, Spyro is randomly thrown to whereever he knocked out the last Long Leg, and he will need to engage in another conversation with Sensei to finish the quest.
- Sensei just vanishes in the prototype, instead of the purple light taking him away.
- Different text from Tomas when telling Spyro what to do next:
|Now you need to use your Horn Jab to rescue the remaining four elders here in Dojo.||Now you need to use your dragon-kata to rescue the remaining four elders here in Dojo.|
- After Tomas explains this, the cutscene shows where to find the other elders. Even through Spyro has to enter a house to rescue two of them, their models are a little visible underneath the houses. In the final, they just remove their models completely.
- Tomas' next cutscene activates before the purple light has taken Astor away properly.
- A couple of small errors are present in Titan's, Astor and Tomas' text, much like Hunter's earlier text.
- Also, in the prototype, Titan is mad at Astor for an unknown reason. Mad enough to shout his name out. In the final, he's mad at Tomas like he should be, but no longer shouts his name. At the end though, he still states that he's 'not shouting'.
|ASTOR?!That noodle-headed fool!||Tomas?! That noodle-headed fool!|
- This location has an incredibly annoying glitch that occurs every time you enter it after you've saved the other elders - they repeat everything, including the cutscene.
- Due to this, you never see Magnus in his normal location.
- After giving Spyro the Shadowstone, the camera jerks around a little.
- The second portal in the room is in the center of the prototype, whereas it's just a little bit further down in the final.
|You did it! Notice you can't see me in the Shadow Realm. That's because I'm still in the real world.||You did it! Notice how you can no longer see me. That is because I'm still in the real world.|
- Some of Tomas' text is also placed a little differently as well.
- The Triangle symbol is already added before Spyro completes the task. You're also not directly tracing the image, you're copying it.
- Cutscene has different text:
|This painting shows how magical energy runs all through this world. It's strong in some places, weak in others. Magic is strong in dragons, like you and I.
Some creatures can control magic...
... and some cannot control it, or even sense it.
This spell has disrupted the magical balance of our world, Spyro. Someone, or something, is drawing magic out of all of us, through the Shadow Realm.
As you can see, the magic is being drawn towards Forgotten Worlds. Whoever is behind this must be there.
I don't know who it is. But it may very well be Red. Last I heard, he was being held captive in the Professor's laboratory in Alavar, but he could have escaped. I hope I'm wrong. Red used to be a friend of mine.
|This painting shows how magical energy flows through this world. Strong in some places, weak in others, magic runs deep in dragons, like you and me.
Some creatures can control magic...
... and some can neither control nor sense it.
This spell has disrupted the magical balance of our world, Spyro. Someone, or something, is draining the magic out of all of us, through the Shadow Realm.
As you see, the magic's flowing to the Forgotten Worlds. Whoever is behind this must be there.
I don't know who it is, but it may very well be Red. Last I heard, he was imprisoned in the Professor's laboratory in Avalar. He could have escaped, though. I hope I'm wrong, Spyro. After all, Red was once a friend of mine.
- Tomas doesn't introduce Spyro to the warp pads until after he learns the Double Jump move.
- Speaking of which, the warp pad has moved in the final. In the prototype, it is in the center of the room, whereas in the final it is closer to the top of the room.
- After the cutscene, Magnus has already moved into his new position.
- After telling Spyro how to use it, he takes a step back and disappears. In the final, he walks all the way back.
- When practising how to move solid objects, Tomas clears Spyro before even giving him a chance to try it.
- After learning how to move solid objects, the spell for transport disappears until Spyro leaves the Dojo.
- Cho Lei teaches Spyro how to deflect attacks before she teaches him how to use lightning.
- When it's time for Spyro to learn his first Chi move, some of the elders will tell Spyro to visit Cho Lei, who will tell him to visit Sensei instead.
- Sensei has strange highlighting in his words. Also, text placement is different.
|Press and hold x Button + A
Button to focus your chi. Once
you gather chi, press RIGHT.
|Press and hold x Button|
+ A Button to focus
your chi. Once you gather chi,
- In the prototype, a noise confirms when the x Button is pushed. This doesn't happen in the final.
Road to Dragon Village
- There is no treasure chest here.
- There is no block in the middle of the road.
- The cave in this area has all the Long Legs out in the real world, and the treasure chest is available right away. Phasing into the shadow realm reveals nothing at all.