Proto:The Sims 2 (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox)/Alpha 815 (PlayStation 2)
This page details one or more prototype versions of The Sims 2 (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox).
This is a sub-page of Proto:The Sims 2 (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox).
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
This build for the PlayStation 2 version was provided by darksabre76, who had acquired it from antimatter. It's compiled on August 15, 2005 or about 1.5 months before the final build.
In many ways, it's pretty similar to Alpha 814, but there are still a couple of differences.
- Most if not all Urbz references have been removed from containers such as MOVIES.ARC. Instead of files having an urbz_ prefix, they now have an s2c_ prefix, which is also the case for the final build.
- Pressing Select + L3 toggles the HUD.
- The starting time is 7:00am in Freeplay mode and if you started Story mode without saving after the Create-A-Sim. If you did save, it starts at 1:00am.
- It uses cheat code combinations from The Sims, but some of the original effects may not correspond.
- Circle, L1, L2, R2, R1 -- Spawns the Cheat gnome + Time, Relationships, Get Job, Set Job Level cheats pre-enabled.
- L1, R2, Cross, Circle, Up -- Add Aspiration
- L1, R1, Down, Cross, L3 -- Change Skill
- R2, L1, R1, L2, Left -- Set All Motives
- L2, R2, Up, Triangle, L3, X -- Unlock All Clothing
- L1, R2, Right, Square, L3 -- Unlock All Objects
- R2, R3, L3, L2, R1 / L3, R3, R1, R2, Circle / Triangle, R2, L1, Cross, Square -- Unknown Effects!
- Up, Down, Circle, Up, Down -- Shows a picture of the developers when entered during the credits.
- This build has some debugging. It has a couple options that aren't present in M4 20, but for the most part, the debugging options in this build are quite limited.
- Some transparent objects, like windows, seem to emit this unusual red tinted glare. Sometimes it's green or yellow too. Only happens in this build.
The cutscenes are stored in and extracted from the MOVIES.ARC container.
|Filename||Early cutscene||Final cutscene||Additional information|
|s2c_intro||Early version of the outtakes cutscene. Same cutscene can be seen at boot in Alpha 814.|
|s2c_intro_pal||Even earlier version of the cutscene. It's seen at boot in M4 20, and remains simply hidden in MOVIES.ARC in this build.|
|s2c_ending||Early version of the ending outtakes cutscene. The early version is missing a few scenes. This unfinished cutscene remains unchanged from the earlier builds.|
|s2c_ending_pal||The PAL version of the early version of the ending outtakes cutscene.|