User:CreepNT/Demo:Ratchet & Clank : Up Your Arsenal (SCED 54417)
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
|This needs some investigation.|
Discuss ideas and findings on the talk page.
- Are all avaliable weapons same as retail ?
- Are the other weapons same as retail ?
- locate XP values for weapon
- is the "mission complete" (and overall) font different ?
- try to get access to menus
- other planets ?
- get Charge boots and test physics
- dump the vendor strings and categorize them
Note : I realized I should only upload pictures when the article is in a "finished" state. just imagine them by yourself for now
Dump all icons and replace the icons used on the Focus344/1108 pages with clean ones
Make a full gameplay of the whole planet in a video, to help documenting stuff
| Vendor Strings|
| Item Table|
| Unused Text|
NOTES FOR SELF
Check if it makes font bolder or not
|08||"default" color (orange-ish)|
|0C||dark blue-ish text|
|18||Stick oriented to the left|
|19||Stick oriented to the right|
|1E-1F||a space ?|
color variations for weapons icons in vendor only
HP is capped to 108 ?
You got the Omega Shock Cannon !
- At first, looks close to FOCUS344 build. After careful inspection, a lot of stuff is closer to retail than it
- ALL.WAD contains the debug font used in FOCUS344 (DBGFONT.PIF)
- Date string found in ALL.WAD : Jun 22 2004 18:17:20 (TODO : this date is near the 989snd notice, investigate to see if it's not the date for it)
- Date string found in MP ELF is Jun 5 2004 21:43:43
- All files are dated from July 1 2004, most likely date the disc was pressed
This makes me think the build could have compiled on June 22, 2004 but the game only pressed to retail-able discs on July 1. The discs were released on July 2 according to ImJustATester.
- all crates respawn at death
- wrench is the one of GC
- different crate layout overall
- crates use Gadgetron logo instead of megacorp
- UI looks retail-ish, except for font
- midair movement is possible (hyperstriking when doing a long jump)
- Seemingly uses the platinum bolt model with a gold bolt texture and the platinum bolt's "glowing" texture.
- default armor is retail's armor2, same as Focus344
- enemies dmg : Retail (2 for little guy, 3 for gunner, 5 for laser) | Demo (4,6,7)
- starting HP is 18 instead of 10
- starting weapons are N60 storm V2, plasma whip v1, shock blaster v1, and infecto-bomb v5
- bolt HUD of both GC (but orange colored) and UYA are present (disable QSP, press Triangle and L3 for bolt, or write 1 to 21FF0864 for HP)
--> have yet to find out how to have GC weapon hud and how to disable UYA hud (Tester got it working on the NTSC demo i think ?)
- MOST weapon icons are retail
- weapon names in "Ammo get" prompt are black/blue
Take screenshot of some prompts
- no lockstrafe ?
- map background is same as GC (blue grid)
Level layout differences
The only (single-player) level in this build is Marcadia.
- jackpot crate at different spot, uses pre-retail graphics
- no infernox crate
- gold bolt (should be titanium but is gold ??) not found in retail (see below)
|File:UYA Retail Marcadia no-Bolt Area.png|
Besides textures/models using earlier versions, the multiplayer map (Hoven Gorges) is the same as the retail version (according to a MP veteran).