User:MalaBG/Young Horses/OctodadPH/Octodad 2012 Levels Info Dump
This is a sub-page of User:MalaBG/Young Horses/OctodadPH.
Ask Young Horses what the test levels were (they are pretty active in their discord)
COMPLETELY UNUSED Level List
- Seems to be just a level for testing things, has developer note
Tell Geisler about the Particle Delay bug. Also about the throw up going off without the trigger going off.
- Prototype Garden, you can weed the garden.
- A pool, with.. Chef.. in it.
- A nice picnic with a t-posing Scarlet.
- A... bee.. hive?
- Hedges that can be trimmed.
- A fort!
- A playground, with swings, slide and a Run-A-Round!
- Same as the first level but with different things, has same developer note
- A toy truck!
- A grill, better get cookin'!
- Probably (team member name)'s room to test the Cuddlyfish minigame at the end of Deep Dark.
- Probably Kevin's (Team Member) special testing grounds, this time, it isn't a park.
- A Strength Tester
- Air Hockey
- Ballon Animals!
- Shell Game
- A prototype water gun game
- A guessing game!
- Completely unused level, purpose unknown as the entire level is broken
- Level presumably used for testing the Pirahna's in the Aquatic Arcade level
- Level used for testing the Shed and Axe in the "Home, Sweet Home" level
- A.. Bowling Minigame? Unused and Unfinished.
- Level presumably used for testing Physics.
- Level used for testing triggers, has developer note
"Force into Feet not working? Check on WifeDance 600"
- Test level for physics and banana's, has developer note
Level Notes go here.
- Test.. test in general! Clouds, Lighting, Particles, its all here and a developer note too!
Level notes go here. Lets try to save them. Line 3 Line 5 Keep going
- Level by J o h n, seems to have been used for testing Physics.
Unused Challenge Levels
- Unused Minigame for "Wedding Bells", level consists of a catapult shooting Bouquet's at you, sometimes it will shoot gifts at you.
- Prototype for the Amazon Arcade tossing mini-game, has the same Dev Note as Test
- Toss your shape into whatever shape hole it is, pretty simple, cut for possibly being too boring.
- Used for testing the ship rocking back and forth, as well as the rain particles, pretty long Dev Text
This level uses ID's between 1000 and 1999 As a rule of thumb Objectives and variables are 1000-1099 Physics objects are 1100-1299 Joints are 1300-1399 Cameras are 1400-1499 Triggers are 1500-1899 Misc are 1900-1999
Prototype Level List
- First Prototype of the Church in "Wedding Bells"
- Various Prototypes of a tutorial level.
Church_SubTutorial Identical model wise to the final game, however there are some differences.
- Octodad is not wearing his normal outfit
- No Intro Cutscene
- First Tie is on the door infront of you, instead of being in the room with your Tuxedo.
- Block-Out for the Chapel Hallway
Some differences of this hallway compared to the final are:
- The lever from the early builds is present.
- The mirror is to the left of the Stained Glass Window, instead of the right
- There is a big blocked door to the left, in the final game, there's just a unopenable door
Home, Sweet Home
- Prototype for the Chef Fight in "Home, Sweet Home"
- Broken version of the backyard, presumably used for testing.. the boss
- Broken and Untextured version of the normal backyard, has dev note
Lid : 58.596, 3.501, -34.895
This note was presumably making note of where the Oven Lid is supposed to be.
- Burgers cannot be served unless burnt
- Every level has this dev text
--------------- ID Range: 100 - Cameras 400 - Freezer 500 - Dry Foods 600 - Running 700 - Food City 800 - Produce 900 - Registers
- Test for Soda City, duh, the tower is in the middle of the isle instead of bein pushed off to the side in this one.
- Same as final but everything is untextured.
- Same as final, but the lighting and cutscenes are bonkered up.
- Same as final but everything is untextured and placeholders are everywhere.
- Prototype of the "Deep Dark" level
- Testing the Biologist AI.
- In-Dev version of the platformer section you can unlock from flushing yourself.
- Giant empty void with 1 chain.