User talk:Josephine Lithius
Mega Man Maker
It should be noted that this a fan game which isn't approved by Capcom for sale or download, thus it isn't allowed to have the article hosted here. I can have this game on my own wiki instead, but it doesn't have its own host. --From: divingkataetheweirdo (talk) 20:39, 9 March 2018 (EST)
- Well, three things.
- Firstly, while I appreciate the concern, I'm already aware of da rulez – specifically Rule 15, which states that fan games are not allowed on this Wiki. I'm also aware of the existence of at least two pages for games which were created before that rule was added, so there's no confusion, there.
- That being said, secondly, please, read this Tweet from Xkeeper, and my reply. This tweet is also linked on the main page for this game, though it probably wouldn't kill me to add that notice to all the other pages.
- And, lastly, because I knew there would be some… "issues…" with putting a fan game into the main space of the wiki – which, regardless of "special permissions," is still generally not allowed – I've decided to keep the game page under my user space until the rules change, if ever a time comes to pass.
- I hope this clears up everything. Sorry, for the scare!
- ~ Joseph Lithius (Info|Chat|Edits) 21:51, 9 March 2018 (EST)
Might and Magic demos
- You can find the Darkside of Xeen one on Archive.org. Maybe, I should upload the Clouds of Xeen one, there? I'm not when or where I picked up the Clouds of Xeen one, myself… but, I recently found out that both of those demos, as well as one for Might and Magic III, can be found on the CD-ROM version of World of Xeen. Incidentally, I've recently discovered that a demo for World of Xeen, itself, exists. It seems to specifically be for the CD-ROM version, too. I was hoping it was actually on the World of Xeen CD, but it's probably on a later New World Computing release from around the same time.
- I also remember a different demo for Might and Magic III being on the SelectWare Classic Collection Adventure/Fantasy CD… but, I might be mis-remembering.
- Edit: Oh! Hey, look what I stumbled over! The Clouds of Xeen demo! Right on!
- ~ Joseph Lithius (Info|Chat|Edits) 16:34, 16 March 2018 (EDT), 16:55, 16 March 2018 (EDT)
Japanese Anti-Piracy Warnings
This really became a widespread feature in games in 2010, when Japanese copyright law was modified. Check any major game released these days in both JP and EN, and you'll almost always find a JP exclusive copyright warning screen. In addition to this, our guidelines state that regional changes/differences related to copyright are not to be documented (#6 under "Don't Add This Stuff". -Ehm (talk) 08:57, 22 January 2019 (EST)