Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere
|Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere|
|This page or section needs more images. |
There's a whole lotta words here, but not enough pictures. Please fix this.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Anything else, like debug menus? Also, expand a little bit on the regional differences.
Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere is a game infamous for the overseas version being heavily butchered in content. Luckily, a ROM hack does exist that restores the Japanese content in the overseas version.
In the Japanese version, there are two missions only accessible through a GameShark. The missions Mission Code and Game Show can be accessed with 800BF65C 0000 and 800BF65C 0013, respectively. Both missions are incomplete and cannot be finished, though.
Because the Japanese release had underperformed in sales when compared to its hugely expensive production values, it was decided to cut most of the game's selling points in the Western versions:
- The Japanese version of the game came in two discs. The international versions of the game only came in one disc.
- The Japanese version has 52 missions, along with a story branch and multiple endings. The international versions only has 36 missions, and the story is linear with only one ending.
- The anime cutscenes found in the Japanese version were replaced with text slideshows with a bunch of infodump on what was going on about once every ten missions.
- The Japanese version has intelligent teammates fighting alongside you in battle. The international versions removed the intelligent teammates, making almost all of your missions solo.
- The Japanese version featured a deep plot. The international versions replaced the deep plot with a generic plot instead.