This game has debugging material.
This game has a development article
|This game was never completed and/or given a public release.|
As a result of this, keep in mind that the developers might have used or deleted some of the content featured here, had the game actually been released.
Barkley 2, full name The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa, was intended to be a full-game sequel to the cult classic Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden. After a successful crowdfunding campaign in 2012, the game fell into development hell due to the game's scope and complexity, and was ultimately formally cancelled in 2021 with the release of the game's source code to the public.
This page covers the 2019 demo.
Title Screen Debug Menu
Find a proper way to enable this. This way crashes when attempting to use "Load saved game" or most of the teleports.
A functional debug menu is present in the game's title screen, which can be loaded by spawning an instance of the oTitleDebug object.
The available commands are as follows:
- X: Starts a new game right after character creation.
- Z: Starts a new game right after the tutorial.
- L: TODO
- D: TODO
- T: Opens the teleport menu, appears to allow quick access to all of the game's main locations with proper story flags enabled.
- M: Mutes all sounds, including music. Can be toggled on or off.
- O: INVINCIBLE MODE, makes X114JAM9 invincible to damage. Can be toggled on or off.
- P: PACIFY MODE, appears to render all enemies non-hostile. Can be toggled on or off.
The Barkley series
|SNES||Barkley Shut Up and Jam!|
|Genesis||Barkley Shut Up and Jam! 2 (Prototype)|
|Windows||Barkley, Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden (Prototypes) • Barkley 2|