Kerbal Space Program
|Kerbal Space Program|
This game has a prototype article
|This game is still under active development.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used or removed in the future. Please only add things to the article that are unlikely to ever be used, or went unused for some time. If they do get used, please remove them from the page and specify in the edit summary!
Some things of note:
Kerbal Space Program is a game where you get to throw innocent Kerbals into space. Surprisingly realistic.
Despite Jool (a gas giant) having no surface to land on, there exist reports from Jool's surface in the game's code. They can be seen if the save file is hacked so the player is counted as "landed" on Jool.
- EVA Report: You're not sure how you even landed on the surface of a gas giant. But it's probably best not to think about it for too long..
- Materials Study: You're not sure where the container stops and the samples start any more...
- Atmospheric Pressure Scan: Either the pressure is really high, or the instrument just melted. It's hard to tell what happened first.
- Seismic Scan 1: The sensor doesn't even know what to do with itself here.
- Seismic Scan 2: The sensor has informed you that the warranty has just been voided. No refunds.
- Gravity Scan: The instrument has been crushed by the massive gravitational forces. Science!
- Atmosphere Analysis: The instrument has mostly compressed into an unrecognisable mass of metal.
Present at the beginning of ScienceDefs.cfg.
// WARNING! SPOILERS! // This file contains spoilers. If you don't want to have your surprises ruined, you should stop reading now. // Seriously, it's a lot more fun to find this stuff out in the game. // Last chance to turn back. // I did warn you.
Present at the beginning of StoryDefs.cfg.
// definitions for the storyline generator used in contracts and such. // WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS // you should stop scrolling if you don't want to read any spoilers // really, if you were spoilered before by the science definitions file and felt bad about it, you should have learned by now
Having more detail is always a good thing.
Specifically: Some pictures and text would be really nice.
There's a debug menu that can be accessed by pressing Alt + F12.
The texture for the launch clamp in the game has a hidden image of Clamps from Futurama, which can't be seen when the texture is applied to the model in the game.