This page details prerelease information and/or media for Alien Soldier.
SEGA Magazine Issue #4
- Main hero looks like human.
- Boss looks slightly diffirent.
Beep! MegaDrive September-October 1994
- Epsilon looks diffirent, reminding hero from prototype.
- HUD is diffirent.
- Numbers on bottom. Benchmark info?
- Weapon selecting menu style looks more simple and seems only 4 weapons avaliable.
- Main hero looks nearly as released version, but still not same look.
- Even more new looking HUD.
- Other transformations of 7th force.
Beep! MegaDrive November 1994
A preview of Alien Soldier.
- The title screen uses an earlier "ALIEN SOLDIER" logo, and has entirely different text that reads:
HAVE COME FROM SPACE TO INVATION.
AND,WE CRIED FOR HELP TO OTHER STARS.
WORLD OF THE SF COMBAT SHOOTING
HE WILL COME WE ARE THE EARTH.
"SKULLANDCROSSGUNS" is derived from the original title of the game: Blade Slasher VS Skull and Cross Guns.
- The font used throughout the game is different.
- The "STATUS WINDOW" and "EXIT" text is yellow.
- Flame Force is humorously misspelled as "Frame Force".
- Homing Force is called "Homer Force".
Beep! MegaDrive December 1994
Pages 50-51 of Beep! MegaDrive's December 1994 issue preview an early build of Alien Soldier containing numerous content that was cut from the final game.
Beep! MegaDrive January 1995
A late preview of Alien Soldier, mere weeks away from the game's release.
- The title screen has a spelling error in CUSTUM, a blue SEGA graphic, and the date reads "1996" instead of "1995".
- "CONTROL TEST" is white instead of yellow.
- The Jampan boss is encountered in an area not seen in the final game.