This page details one or more prototype versions of ClayFighter 63⅓.
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
A prototype of ClayFighter 63⅓, commonly called the "beta version", was leaked on the Internet at some point. It's mostly the same as the final, but with a few differences.
- T-Hoppy's home stage is the multiplayer stage Claynaveral Hangar (which would become Lady Liberty's stage in Sculptor's Cut). In the final, he uses the Camp Claynaveral stage.
- You have 20 seconds to select your character. This was dropped to 15 seconds in the final.
- Bonker and Taffy have different alternate colors (green and blue, respectively). Why they were changed to red and pink respectively in the final is unknown. Perhaps the developers thought they had too many blue and green palettes?
- In the pause menu, the highlighted button just appears bigger while the final version also changes from green to red.
- Selecting "QUIT" does not show confirmation before you quit. This was added in the final.
- Start is the only button to select with, while in the final game A also works.
Removed Secret Options
The Secret Options menu has a couple of items missing from the final menu:
- Game Speed - Toggles between "Normal", "Whoa", and "Are You Nuts?".
- Frosty Is A Hosehead - Toggles on and off. Doesn't seem to do anything, though.
|The ClayFighter series|
|SNES||ClayFighter • Tournament Edition|
|Nintendo 64||63⅓ (Prototype) • Sculptor's Cut|