This page details one or more prototype versions of ClayFighter 63⅓.
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
A prototype of ClayFighter 63⅓, commonly called the "beta version", was leaked on the Internet at some point. It's mostly the same as the final, but with a few differences.
- T-Hoppy's home stage is different: at this point, he uses the multiplayer stage Claynaveral Hangar (which would become Lady Liberty's stage in the Sculptor's Cut). In the final, he uses the Camp Claynaveral stage.
- At this point, you have 20 seconds to select your character. In the final, you only have 15 seconds. This was likely to make testing easier.
- At this point, Bonker and Taffy have different alternate colors: green and blue, respectively.
Why they were changed to red and pink respectively in the final is unknown. Perhaps the developers thought they had too many blue and green palettes?
- In the Pause menu, the highlighted button just appear bigger while the Final version also change from green to red. When you select QUIT, it doesn't show confirmation before you quit, which was added in the Final. The Start button is the only button to select with, while in the final game, the A button also work.
The Secret Options menu has a couple of different options from the final:
- The first is the Game Speed, which toggles between "Normal", "Whoa", and "Are You Nuts?".
- The second is "Frosty is a Hosehead", which can be toggled on and off. This option does not seem to do anything, and whatever it was intended to do was likely removed or never made.
|The ClayFighter series|
|SNES||ClayFighter • ClayFighter: Tournament Edition|
|Nintendo 64||ClayFighter 63⅓ (Prototype) • ClayFighter: Sculptor's Cut|