This page details one or more prototype versions of Freedom Planet.
- 1 Pre-Kickstarter
- 2 Alpha
August 2012 Prototypes
|Download Freedom Planet 1.0.0
|Download Freedom Planet 1.1.0
September 2012 Prototype
Version 1.2.0; dated September 21st, 2012.
- The Shang Mu Academy has been added.
- Unlocking Carol now only requires to beat Dragon Valley in under 10 minutes.
- Carol can now use the Wild Kick.
- Lilac's can now use her low kick while crouching.
- Shield boxes have been replaced with Shield Crystals.
- The water shield can now reflect the Spore Pods' projectiles.
- The title card has been revamped.
|Download Freedom Planet 1.2.0
January 2013 Prototype
Version 1.3.0; dated January 14th, 2013.
- Lilac's has been redesigned following criticism over her resemblance to Sonic.
- Lilac can now use the Dragon Cyclone by pressing the Jump button mid-air. the energy bar needs to be full before it can be used.
- Carol can now use the Pounce mid-air as well as access her bike.
- Using the bike drains energy while moving and, depending on the horizontal speed, deals more touch damage to enemies. Pressing Special makes Carol dismount from the bike.
- The Wild Kick only works when Carol is not riding her bike.
- The function to swap shields is inaccessible due to Lilac and Carol making use of the Special button in different ways.
- Spade can now throw cards as his main attack as well as use the Flash Jump.
- By default, the Flash Jump dashes upwards rather than sidewards.
- During the Flash Jump, Spade would leave a purple afterimage rather than a green one.
- Spade's special attack is different; he throws a single card that would explode upon impact.
- Milla can be accessed through memory editing.
- Milla can only use her shield, which is mapped to the Special button.
- Milla's shield cannot reflect the projectiles of the enemies found in Dragon Valley.
- Dragon Valley's design has been overhauled once more.
|Download Freedom Planet 1.3.0
Backers who pledged $50 during the game's Kickstarter had the opportunity to test the game during its Alpha phase. Occasionally, the public would also get a few demo versions that were based on them, but the meat can only be found in the full versions.
April 2013 Prototype
June 2013 Demo
Version 1.4.2; dated June 12th, 2013.
|Download Freedom Planet 1.4.2
June 2013 Prototype
Version 1.5.0; dated June 30th, 2013.
Prince Dail Boss
Titled "Like a Boss"; composer Leila Wilson originally wrote it for a personal project, Symphony of Shifting Tides (then known as Elancia Chronicles), and it was included in Freedom Planet starting with v1.5 as a placeholder for boss fights with Prince Dail. By the game's release, it was replaced with a proper theme ("Prince Dail Boss Battle" from the OST). The placeholder itself was later remade and uploaded to SoundCloud in October 2014 following the game's publication.
November 2013 Prototype
Version 1.6.9; dated November 3rd, 2013.
- Lilac's roll was replaced with a ground cyclone, still triggered just by pressing Down while moving on-ground.
- Carol can now use the Wild Claw.
- Carol, while riding her bike, can now use the Nitro Boost.
- Using the Nitro Boost will boost Carol until the energy bar is depleted.
- She can also use a double jump, though it doesn't have the properties as the Air Boost; it doesn't drain energy but also doesn't serve as a spinning attack and doesn't give invincibility frames.
- Milla can now use the Super Shield Burst.
- The Super Shield Burst doesn't have knockback.
November 2013 Demo
Version 1.6.10; dated November 22nd, 2013.
|Download Freedom Planet 1.6.10
December 1st, 2013 Prototype
Version 1.7.0; dated December 1st, 2013.
December 27th, 2013 Prototype
Version 1.8.0; dated December 27th, 2013.
March 2014 Prototype
Version 1.10.0; dated March 18th, 2014.
Janurary 2014 Prototype
Version 1.11.0; dated January 5th, 2014.
June 2014 Demo
Version 1.12.5; dated June 28th, 2014.
|Download Freedom Planet 1.12.5
|The Freedom Planet series|
|Freedom Planet (Prototypes, Prerelease) • Freedom Planet 2 (Sample Version)|