Talk:Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
That is Pripyat's Ferris Wheel from MW1. Incase you did not know. -Snakey125
- I knew I saw it somewhere. And I knew it was from Modern Warfare 1. I just couldn't place it. Thanks for the info! 404 User Not Found 12:04, 22 March 2012 (EDT)
Here's how to find unused content in this game
- 1a. If you purchased MW3 through Steam: Navigate to your "steamapps" folder, then go to "common" > "call of duty modern warfare 3".
- 1b. If you have a physical copy: Look in the directory where you installed the game.
- 2. Look through the folders until you find ".IWD" files. You can open them using WinRAR.
- 3. Look through all the IWD files and extract the contents of each file into a separate folder that you can create on the desktop.
The following steps only apply for IWI image files that you've extracted. As for sound files, I don't know what file format they are, as I haven't extracted the sounds yet.
- 4. You'll need to download an "IWD to DDS" file converter (Here's one on GameBanana).
- 5. You'll need to set the converter's EXE as the default program to use when opening an IWI file. Once you've done that, anytime you open an IWI file, it'll pop up a preview window, then automatically generate a DDS version of the image in the same folder. DDS images can be viewed in Photoshop, but you'll need this odd "NVIDIA" photoshop plugin to open DDS images.
Have fun finding more unused stuff! 404 User Not Found 13:06, 25 March 2012 (EDT)
This is about the preview images section. According to the page, the Crash map preview image says it was most likely an MW2 leftover. But I thought Crash was in Modern Warfare 1, not 2. I could be wrong though. The teams on this map were OpFor/Marines as well, but that's not relevant info.
- luigi442wii (9:09 AM GMT, 10/12/13)
- Hmm, I'm not entirely sure. Let me hop on the CoD Wikia real quick and take a gander. 404: User Not Found (talk) 04:10, 10 December 2013 (EST)
Thanks. - Luigi442ii (1:28 PM GMT, 11/12/13)
maps in game memory
by reading the mp memory of mw3 with hxd by creating a memory dump you can see maps like
unsure if these are just maps in game as I don't have the dlc to check there names.