Pokémon Red and Blue/Unseen Graphics
This is a sub-page of Pokémon Red and Blue.
Elite Four Walking Sprites
The Elite Four have walking sprites, but these are never seen in-game since they stand in one position and don't move. Colorized versions of Lance's walking sprites were used in Pokémon Gold and Silver.
Super Game Boy Border Tiles
Game Genie codes to restore the original logos.
For some weird reason, the US Red and Blue still have the full tileset of the original Japanese "Pocket Monsters!" logo for the Super Game Boy borders. The European versions overwrote the logo as needed.
Figure out what the other missing blocks in tilesets 03, 06, 0B, 0C, 0D, and 10 are.
Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow have many tileset blocks that are never used in any existing map. Tileset 13 was added in Pokémon Yellow.
There are also used tilesets that contain unused tiles.
The cave tileset contains some graphics that resemble the standard rock graphics, but they appear to be shinier and transparent, suggesting that it might be ice.
Underground Path Tileset
The underground tunnel appears to be missing some graphics for the wall.
Below is a recreation of how the tiles may have been arranged. It appears it was intended to have some sort of lighting fixture on the wall.
Vermillion Harbour Tileset
A sign is present in this tileset but is unused. Other maps do use the graphic, however.
At Vermillion Harbour, there is a truck and some boxes on the map that aren't normally viewable.
It is possible to see them using a number of tricks, however:
- Position yourself one block above and one block to the left of ship's ticket salesman.
- Walk one block to the right, and press start immediately after you come to a stop.
- Save and restart your game. When you reload, you should now be facing right.
- Use HM03, Surf, and you will surf onto the ticket salesman. Press D-Down to bypass him.
- Acquire a Pokémon who knows HM01, Cut, via a trade. Now you can skip getting the HM on the S.S. Anne, which normally causes the ship to leave.
- Continue playing through the game until you obtain HM03, Surf, and use it to see the truck.
- Acquire HM01 on the S.S. Anne, then lose to a Pokémon battle. This will prevent the ship from leaving.
- Return to the ship once you can use surf.
Despite popular childhood rumours, the truck is only for decoration and does not have anything hidden under or around it, save for a Lava Cookie in the GBA remakes.