Proto:Golden Axe (Genesis)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Golden Axe (Genesis).
This prototype is documented on Hidden Palace.
A prototype from Sega of America, dated October 14, 1989 — 70 days before the game was initially released in Japan.
- The intro demos play out differently in the prototype.
- The proto starts you with 3 credits, which was increased to 4 for the final.
The text in the beginner mode ending was slightly improved. The "next" in "go next for" was removed, and the "your" was corrected to "you're".
The cast roll received a number of small changes:
- Heights were changed from centimeters to feet.
- Weights were changed from kilograms to pounds.
- "Henninger" → "Heninger"
- "Bud Brothers" → "Bad Brothers"
- "Heineken" → "Bitter"
- "Thunderhed" → "Thunderhead"
"Tsugu" is missing from the staff roll in the prototype.
|The Golden Axe series|
|Arcade||Golden Axe • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder • Golden Axe: The Duel|
|Genesis||Golden Axe (Prototype) • Golden Axe II (Prototype) • Golden Axe III|
|Game Gear||Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe|
|Sega Saturn||Golden Axe: The Duel|
|WonderSwan Color||Golden Axe|