Golden Axe II (Genesis)
|Golden Axe II|
This game has unused graphics.
This game has a prototype article
At the title screen, highlight "Options" and hold A + B + C, then releasing B + C when the menu appears. Now, with A still held, do the following:
- Exit the menu (Settings may be done first).
- Select 1P or 2P Play.
- Select your character.
Level 2 has an unused brickwork texture, but it's always offscreen, so it's never seen or used.
|Normal game||Hacked game|
Level 5 actually has grates above the door, this texture goes completely unseen & unused.
Unused Attack Group
If you use level select to access Level 6 in easy mode, the entire level is empty except for these three skeletons.
As you never face all possible enemies in the Duel Mode, some faces are never seen. Also not all letters are used.
The game was ported to the Arcade too, under the Mega Play system:
- Access to all the duel and all the menus was removed and instead replaced with PUSH 1P OR 2P START BUTTON.
- The settings were moved to the dip switches, which lets you change the difficulty between Normal and Hard, user starts with 1 or 2 lives, and 1 or 2 initial players, and turn the timer on or off.
- 9 second timer added to Select Player screen.
- 8 minute timer added to Normal mode, which resets at the start of each level. Says TIME OVER and requires another credit to continue play.
- INSERT COIN(S), Credit system and instruction screen added.
- Ending staff roll now only says PRESENTED BY SEGA and THE END.
- The ranking screen difficulty has been deleted.
The Golden Axe series
|Arcade||Golden Axe • Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder • Golden Axe: The Duel|
|Genesis||Golden Axe (Prototype) • Golden Axe II (Prototype) • Golden Axe III|
|Game Gear||Ax Battler: A Legend of Golden Axe|
|Sega Saturn||Golden Axe: The Duel|
|WonderSwan Color||Golden Axe|
|PlayStation 2||Sega Ages 2500 Series Vol. 5: Golden Axe|
- Pages missing developer references
- Games developed by Sega
- Pages missing publisher references
- Games published by Sega
- Games published by Tec Toy
- Games published by Samsung
- Genesis games
- Pages missing date references
- Games released in 1991
- Games released in 1992
- Games with unused graphics
- Games with hidden level selects
- Golden Axe series
Cleanup > Pages missing date references
Cleanup > Pages missing developer references
Cleanup > Pages missing publisher references
Games > Games by content > Games with hidden level selects
Games > Games by content > Games with unused graphics
Games > Games by developer > Games developed by Sega
Games > Games by platform > Genesis games
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Samsung
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Sega
Games > Games by publisher > Games published by Tec Toy
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1991
Games > Games by release date > Games released in 1992
Games > Games by series > Golden Axe series