Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game
|Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game|
Developers: Ubisoft Montreal,
Ubisoft Pune Production Studio,
Engine Software (Complete Edition)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is a retro-styled beat-em-up based on the hit movie and graphic novels. This game was infamously delisted from Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network, probably due to the license expiring, until early 2021 when a "Complete Edition" was released for Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC.
Enter the below combination (depending on the system) on the overworld map to unlock the Joseph's Bedroom extra.
- PlayStation 3: L1, L1, R1, R1, L1, L1, L1, R1, R1, R1, L1, R1
- Xbox 360: LT, LT, RT, RT, LT, LT, LT, RT, RT, RT, LT, RT
- Nintendo Switch: L, L, L, R, R, R, L, R
Level 1 Concept
This graphic is concept art for Level 1, as it has many similarities to Snowy Toronto itself.
Level 3 Boss Concept
Concept art for Todd Ingram's boss fight. From the filename (FAKEshooter.png), it seems that Todd's boss fight was supposed to be a shooter in some way, but got scrapped into just a boss fight.
Enemy ideas. They are said to be "Based on Paul's sprite."
Level 5's piniata. The only interesting thing is that there is no top of the rope. It just floats there.
This is a big one, but there is only 2 interesting things about this. One is that now you can see the cut bottom half of Ramona and Stills' sprites, and there was originally gonna be a portrait for Envy and Lynette, which got scrapped.
As of 2021 there are 4 versions.
- V1.0 = The original 2010 release without any patches.
- V1.1 = The original 2010 release with the Knives Chau DLC update released in December 2010.
- V1.2 = The original 2010 release with the Wallace Wells DLC update released in March 2013.
- Complete Edition= The new 2021 release with all DLC included and some minor adjustments to the V1.2 build.
- New character Knives Chau added to the game, mostly based on Kim Pine with new Tech Specials.
- New modes Battle Royal and Dodgeball added to the game.
- Drop-in local co-op support added.
- Regular enemies have been given a reduction to HP, reduction percentage is based on difficulty:
Average Joe is a 50% (1/2) reduction. Rough & Tough is a 33% (1/3) reduction. Supreme Master is a 25% (1/4) reduction.
- New character Wallace Wells added to the game, based on Stephen Still's moves including his Tech Specials and Knives Chau assist.
- Online mode has been added to the game.
- A glitch used to skip end of level cutscenes was fixed.
- Regular enemies have their HP values back to default (more than V1.1).
- When fighting against Lucas Lee and Super Gideon in Boss Rush mode, they no longer blink during their death and Lucas Lee in particular doesn't drop any coins.
- Todd Ingram's Guitar Hero segment has the interactive buttons scrolling down sooner than usual, in the past, they appear after the BASS Battle Start text vanished.
- Todd Ingram's mutated arm attack was toned down by removing the flying vegetables that appear during the attack.
- At the start of W7-3 Techno Base, the wrench tool found at the start of the level was removed.
- The Thank You For Playing Screen was changed from the main cast & most of the enemies to a simple black screen.
The Complete Edition was based on V1.2 so Todd Ingram's arm attack nerf, the black screen version of Thank You For Playing are still there.
- This version is the first to have the option to skip the long credits sequence after beating the game.
- To unlock Knives Chau, the player has to connect online to Ubisoft Connect.
- The input to activate the Noble Sacrifice cheat was altered to [Hold jump], up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, block.