A debug menu allowing you to turn on certain exclusive cheats and a few other options can be seen here. You can also apply the following code for a cheat device that supports raw codes, such as a CodeBreaker or a GameShark to enable it. With the code active, press L3+R3 once in game to open it anytime. This code is for the US version of the game.
Master Code (Only activate this if you're playing on a real PS2) 902CE7B8 0C0B3994 Debug Menu Enable (L3+R3 in game) D031159C 00000600 003A2560 00000001 2020D8F0 0C083626 2020D8F4 AF9095F0
Once enabled, the screen will look like this:
You will need to use the D-Pad to move in this menu. Unfortunately most options do not work in this menu, such as the debug display options.
- Game View will allow you to return to a normal camera position if you have select 3rd Person View
- 3rd Person View will allow you to view your characters full body, rather than first person.
- Prop View appears to send the camera to the nearest object in the map. You can set this mode to Matrix as well to set the camera to rotate around the object.
- Display Pos does not work.
Normally the debug menu sits in the pause menu's SETUP screen, however it does not function that way anymore. It looked like the image shown below at one point in development and still has a text reference to it as well.
None of the options here work.
View Items Menu
The first five options here do not work, however the last two do.
Unfortunately, none of the options here work.
The options, Invincible and Invisible here fully work. Invincible should be self explanatory, and Invisible makes you invisible to AI.
It's unclear if these options work or not.
Two unused maps remain in the game. You can apply the following code to appear in these maps. Replace ?? with a value from its own section. This code works for all game modes.
Force Load Map 01FB4828 000000??
There is four more unused text IDs pointing to levels that crash the game as there is no data to load from them. They are as follows:
spare1 spare2 spare11 spare12
A blank test map can be seen here. It has a grid like pattern for terrain and has red dots on the ground on one side of the map.
Exactly the same as above in terms of layout, however this time you will be stuck in place in this map in a glitchy third person perspective.
A robot named BlueRobot can be seen below. It cannot enter a match as it crashes the game as soon as the level loads. He is normally placed upside down as well for some reason.
- There is two unused TimeSplitter characters not among the usable IDs. They are IDs 46 and 48. You can play as them with the following code by replacing the ?? with either of those two IDs. They appear to have no cosmetic differences from their used IDs.
Arcade Mode Character Modifier 003E6EF4 000000??
- One of the placeholder characters has a sound group attached to them called "soundgroup_M_SAILORBOY" which is only referenced by this character. This character cannot be loaded.