Creating an Account
The first thing you'll need in order to create and edit pages is an account. You can make one by clicking "Log in / create account" at the top-right of the page.
NOTE: Please refrain from creating multiple accounts.
- If you forget the password on your old account and added an email address to that account, use the "Forgot your password?" link on the login page.
- If you did not add an email address, contact an admin to have a temporary password made.
- If you wish to change your user name, you may contact an admin to have your account renamed.
WARNING: Due to a recent flood of spambot accounts, our admins ban accounts with suspicious names. If your account name is your real name with a number attached (e.g., GilesJohnson629), you may find yourself at risk. To avoid getting mistaken as a spambot, you might want to warn the admins by sending an email to [xkeeper at gmail.com] first.
So, now that you're registered, how can you help us out?
- Find new content.
- Document other people's discoveries.
- Investigate oddities.
- Add more information to article stubs.
- Improve existing pages.
- Add images to existing articles.
- Contribute some missing title screens.
- Replace existing images.
- Identify files that need to be renamed.
- Check out what needs translation.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks.
Disputes and Edit Wars
TCRF is a community-based wiki. No one owns the rights to any page. Other people, both admins and regular users, will occasionally adjust an article for issues such as accuracy, clarity, grammar, spelling, and formatting.
That being said, sometimes users might make an edit that is clearly wrong. This includes edits that make the text of a page ambiguous or misleading, or remove technical details. In this scenario, you should take the following steps:
- Undo the changes.
- Leave a note regarding the issue in the article's revision summary.
- The revision summary is the single line of text underneath the main edit box.
- Be polite! If someone's being unreasonable, don't stoop to their level.
If you have problems with another user, refrain from contacting them directly. Instead, take your issue to the admins by leaving a civil message on their talk pages describing the problem. If you're not sure how to do this, check out the User Spaces section for more details.
|The Cutting Room Floor Administrators|
|Xkeeper • BMF54123 • GoldS • Sanqui • Rick • divingkataetheweirdo • GlitterBerri • Kaito Sinclaire • Vague Rant • devin • Bast • Ehm|
Always be polite, and avoid escalating the situation.