NiGHTS into Dreams... (Sega Saturn)
|NiGHTS into Dreams...|
A 3D Sonic Team game! On the Sega Saturn! And it was built with a specific controller in mind! TRIPLE THREAT
SEGA was apparently clever enough to delete the Debug Menu (and the ABRACADABRA code used to access it) from the game before release, but not enough to delete the actual debug functions. Using the Action Replay cartridge, you can re-enable certain specific parts of the menu.
- X: Gives you the Ideya of the Current Mare. You don't see it, but you can dualize.
- A/B: Advance frame.
- X: Go to the Nightmare. Crashes the game if you're already there.
- Z: Crashes the game (Doctor, it hurts when I do this...)
- R: Hide all data on the screen, for some good screenshotting.
- L+R+Y: Display the Sound Test of the level and the DSS INFO, whatever that is.
Use the code 160FFC1C xxxx where XXXX is the numbers of the features you want to activate added together in hexadecimal.
- 0001: Unlimited Time.
- 0002: Untested and unknown.
- 0004: Untested and unknown.
- 0008: Activate the Debug Mode.
- 0010: Demo Recorder! Start a new game, do your thang, then press A+B+C+START when you're finished.
- 0020: Untested and unknown.
- 0040: Ideya Capture test (you can’t finish the mare).
- 0080: Untested and unknown.
- 0100: Untested and unknown.
- 0200: Untested and unknown.
- 0400: Display time and score tables when paused.
- 0800: Untested and unknown.
- 1000: Untested and unknown.
- 2000: Untested and unknown.
- 4000: Hide all data on the screen (think the R button in Debug Mode).
- 8000: Untested and unknown.
In a folder named "EXTRA" are two sets of eight 640x480 images. The folder "256" contains 8-bit bitmaps and the folder "16M" contains 24-bit bitmaps. The latter are presented here, converted to PNGs.
English Language Translation on Japanese Disc
Oddly, the Japanese version of this game actually contains its own full English translation. Although the Sega Saturn's bios prevents you from running games detected to be out-of-region without some sort of workaround, successfully getting through this region lock to run the Japanese version on a non-Japanese console (or at least an American one), will cause the game to run in full English. It should be noted that even when run on a Japanese console, the Japanese version of this game is still presented largely in English, with only the hints displayed after bosses or upon a Game Over being displayed in Japanese. It would appear that this game detects the region of the console it is being run on at runtime, independently of the system bios' region locking procedures.
The NiGHTS series
|Sega Saturn||NiGHTS into Dreams... • Christmas NiGHTS into Dreams...|
|PlayStation 2||NiGHTS into Dreams...|
|Wii||NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams|