Proto:The Flintstones (SNES)
This page details one or more prototype versions of The Flintstones (SNES).
A very early prototype of The Flintstones.
- There is no audio at all, leaving this prototype silent.
- The menu has very unresponsive controls, making it hard to navigate through.
- The ability to take damage has not yet been implemented, so touching an enemy does nothing.
- Pressing Start lets you skip levels and cutscenes.
- There are only two levels. The first is an early version of Volcanic 1, and the second is an early version of Jungle 1.
The copyright screen had a green background. In the final game, the background was changed to blue, a language selection was added, and the Ocean logo was given its own screen.
The font is much smaller in the prototype.
Dictabird was higher up and shifted to the left, and the font was different.
All of the cutscenes (excluding the first) have no characters other than Fred. Fred just runs around while the dialogue goes on.
Bam-Bam and Pebbles
Bam-Bam and Pebbles were redrawn and given a darker palette in the final game.
The boulder was given a much simpler design in the final game.
|The Flintstones series|
|Arcade||Fred Flintstone's Memory Match|
|NES||The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy • The Surprise at Dinosaur Peak!|
|SNES||The Treasure of Sierra Madrock • The Flintstones (Prototype)|
|Game Boy (Color)||King Rock Treasure Island • The Movie • Burgertime in Bedrock|
|Sega Master System||The Flintstones|
|Genesis||The Flintstones (Taito)|
|Game Boy Advance||Big Trouble in Bedrock|
|PlayStation 2||Bedrock Racing|