Spear of Destiny
|Spear of Destiny|
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Spear of Destiny is the "retail version" of Wolfenstein 3D – a single, lengthy episode with several bosses and more Wolf action, acting as a prequel to the original game.
Start the game with the parameter of -debugmode, then during gameplay press Left Shift + Alt + Backspace to activate it.
Once activated, you can press key combos:
- Tab + B - Change border color
- Tab + C - Display number of items, actors, and doors
- Tab + E - Skip level
- Tab + F - Gives you the coordinates you are currently in
- Tab + G - God Mode
- Tab + H - Takes away health
- Tab + I - Free items (gives you 100,000 points, extra lives, and lots of ammo plus restores health)
- Tab + M - Display how much memory is in use
- Tab + N - Turn clipping on and off
- Tab + Q - Quit Game
- Tab + S - Toggles slow motion
- Tab + T - View GFX and play sounds
- Tab + V - Add Extra VBLs
- Tab + W - Warp to level
- Tab + X - Extra Stuff
The copy protection asked you questions that could be found by reading the game manual. There were six backdoors that can be found in the source code. The challenge response, and how the game replies, are listed below:
- a spoon?
- ...is the CORRECT ANSWER!
- bite me!
- Consider yourself bitten, sir.
- Greatings Professor Falken, would you like to play Spear of Destiny?
- Do you have any gold spray paint?
- Beta testing approved.
- I wish I had a 21" monitor...
When the game was out of testing, "beta" was replaced with "snoops", so at any given time there were only five backdoors available.
The DeathCam logo, a leftover from Wolfenstein 3D. None of the boss-type enemies actually use the DeathCam ending in Spear of Destiny.
- Version 1.4 has a slightly different background area around the text saying "One moment...".
|The Wolfenstein series|
|DOS||Wolfenstein 3D (Prototype) • Spear of Destiny|
|SNES||Wolfenstein 3D (Prototype)|
|Mac OS Classic||Wolfenstein 3D|
|Game Boy Advance||Wolfenstein 3D|