Talk:Kirby Super Star
Here are rough translations I came up with for the Japanese messages. This was all done with character charts and Google. I have no knowledge of Japanese beyond that. Please confirm that this is correct.
From the beginning
--GoldS 23:52, 1 June 2010 (EDT)
- Yeah, the're correct.
- Since/from the beginning
- Just "Continue" -- Sanky ~ talk 02:11, 2 June 2010 (EDT)
Where does this belong?
Loaded in every pause screen, along with the miniature logos for the other sub-games, is this one for The Arena. As pause screens do not appear during boss battles, and The Arena is the game's boss endurance mode, no pause screen exists for it. Despite its unused status, the logo was still localized for the international versions.
As you can see, this is not only an unused graphic, but a regional difference. Should I put this in the Version Differences section of the main page, or in the Unused Graphics sub-page? --Mattrizzle 16:26, 23 November 2011 (EST)
- I'd say the unused graphics page, with a note that it was changed for the English release, despite not being used. -YK 16:33, 23 November 2011 (EST)
[120501/20:50:53] <LordNlptp> i have something he should add to the TCRF page on kirby super star: the game has an extensive debug mode that can be activated by patching one byte in rom. unfortunately i don't remember WHICH byte this is (and neither does anomie or blargg who discovered it) [120501/20:51:53] <LordNlptp> best i can say is look for code that explicitly reads a rom byte and tests its value for something [120501/20:52:33] <LordNlptp> and avoids branch due to the value of that specific rom byte in such a way that the branch can never be taken with the rom as is [120501/20:53:37] <LordNlptp> i do know that it lets you do crap like enable hitbox displays and stuff [120501/20:54:04] <LordNlptp> it might involve controller 2 for the debug stuff
- getting there https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43107309/Hoshi%20no%20Kirby%20Super%20Deluxe%20%28Japan%29001.png --Devin (talk) 21:41, 24 April 2014 (EDT)
From what I've learned, the music that plays during the second stage of the gourmet race (Hilltop Chase) actually has more to it than what you hear in-game. You never hear the full piece because even if you stop to listen to it, King Dedede will cross the finish line before the piece gets a chance to finish. Could someone confirm this? Clone5184 (talk) 08:28, 17 April 2015 (EDT)
- Yeah, that level's music lasts much longer than what you normally hear in-game... but remember, this game has Time Trial mode where you can play the level without Dedede, and you can also pause the game and listen to the music as much as you like.Purplebridge001 (talk) 10:17, 17 April 2015 (EDT)
Unused Tutorial rooms?
Hey guys! I found this video that showed several tutorial rooms. All were corrupted, but several were also unused, I think. I'm not sure if it's real or not, so can anyone tell if it's real or not? Here's a link to the video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kUogznj7iU — The preceding unsigned comment was added by Legoguy33 (talk) • (contribs)
- It's likely just the game not knowing what to do after Kirby dies in the tutorial room, causing it to grab random data (including other tutorial rooms) and cause the graphical corruption. --KirbyFan97 (talk) 11:54, 21 June 2017 (EDT)
- Cool. Did you notice a few tutorial rooms in that video aren't used in the first place? One of them asked if you know how to fly, which I don't recall being in the main game. Furthermore, I noted the tutorial theme didn't play in certain levels, but instead played some music from Dyna Blade.