The Pagemaster (Game Boy)
Fun with Richard leads to an ever-promising attempt aimed at getting kids to read more.
Unused Super Game Boy Sounds
Gameshark code 01??A6DE 18-2F plays your selected sound, or Game Boy Game Genie code 2F9-438-B36 extends the sound selection number from 23 to 47 allowing you to play 24 additional Super Game Boy sound effects, most of them are duplicates of the used sounds, though the rest go unused since the ranges of sounds increments from 0D through 24, some sounds in between are called in-game. Sounds were probably stopped after 24 when the programmers realised that they were not going to be used and access to them was disabled. Sound 20 is also unused and may have served for a Bonus Game failure or incorrect password.
The unused SOUND table is located at 0x013DAC.
There is a cheat flags menu that is disabled on the main menu by default. Start at the Cheat Flags menu by default using the GameShark code 010845DE or Game Genie codes 361-62F-B3E + 087-928-F76. Press A or Start to enter the Cheat Flags menu and A or Start to toggle each setting. Alternatively, use the GameShark code 0101BBDE or Game Genie code B80-96F-084 to enable the cheat flags option on the main menu instead of starting at the option. By default, four items exist, but there are also four additional hidden options (though only one has a function).
- Infinite Lives - Grants you infinite lives.
- No Status Gen - Turns Richard into genitals during the bonus games if set to 01. Enemies will also not drop items or power-ups, adding a pinch more difficulty.
- Pause Stat Inc - Pressing Start will increment the item in your inventory by one.
- Stage Skip - Lets you walk over any stage as if it was completed. Pressing Select on the World Map skips to the password screen of the next world. Pressing Select on the Fantasy World Map will bring you back to Horror World.
- Hidden Option 1 - Does nothing.
- Hidden Option 2 - Does nothing.
- Hidden Option 3 - Does nothing.
- Hidden Option 4 Enable/Disable Cheat Flags - Lets you toggle the Cheat Flags option on/off sets RAM address DEBB to 01 when enabled. Press A once to set to 01 enabling the option. Hidden by default, use Gameshark code 010B45DE or Game Genie code 0BA-F08-C4A to increase the menu selection from 08 to 0B for access. Text for the cheat flags can be found at 0x013CAB in the ROM.
Located at 0x318FF. Level names might have been planned and this could have been placeholder text.
HORROR1 HORROR1 HORROR2 HORROR2 HORROR2 HORROR1 HORROR2 HORROR1 HORROR2 HORROR1 HORROR2 ADVENT2 ADVENT1 ADVENT2 ADVENT1 ADVENT2 ADVENT2 ADVENT1 ADVENT2 ADVENT2 ADVENT1 ADVENT1 FANTASY1 FANTASY2 FANTASY1 FANTASY1 FANTASY2 FANTASY1 FANTASY2 FANTASY1 FANTASY2 FANTASY1 FANTASY2
Located at 0x28000. This is the start of the sound driver. All Game Boy games developed by Probe have a copyright string at the beginning of the sound driver code.
0xFE22. This might have displayed after collecting all the library cards in each world.
|The Pagemaster series|
|SNES||The Pagemaster (Prototype)|
|Game Boy||The Pagemaster|