Dark Souls II
|Dark Souls II|
Also known as: Dark Soul II (JP)
This game has unused animations.
This game has a prototype article
|This article is a work in progress.|
...Well, all the articles here are, in a way. But this one moreso, and the article may contain incomplete information and editor's notes.
Notes: Please help! You can find info to add here.
In Dark Souls II, the protagonist is charged with sucking the souls from local wildlife to avoid becoming a spooky skeleton.
- 1 Animations
- 2 Areas
- 3 Audio
- 4 Items & Equipment
- 5 NPCs
- 6 Graphics
- 7 Text
|Proper Bow Gesture||A method of communication used since ancient times. Teaches the "Proper bow" gesture.
Conversation need not be in words. Besides, words can be most hurtful, whether we wish to admit it or not.
| Unused Areas|
New locations to die in!
Selectable Bonfire Areas
|Old Akelarre||While both the Location and its Bonfire exist in-game this Area was probably cut due to the fact there would be only one Bonfire to select, making it redundant, so it was moved to the Shaded Woods.|
|King's Passage||While this location also exists in-game there are no Bonfires there, leaving this unused.|
|Memory of Vamaar||Originally the Memory of Vamaar was supposed to have 2 Bonfires located in it, as both of them were cut the same happened to the Area.|
|Lord's Private Chamber||Corresponds with the Lord's Private Chamber area and listed after the Chapel Threshold Bonfire, possibly the name of the Primal Bonfire.|
|Sinner's Rise||Listed amongst Sinners' Rise bonfires, possibly the name of the Primal Bonfire.|
|Eygil's Altar||Listed amongst Iron Keep bonfires (not to be confused with Eygil's Idol), possibly the name of the Primal Bonfire.|
|Sanctum of the Scorned||Listed amongst Gutter/ Black Gulch bonfires, possibly the name of the Primal Bonfire.|
|Alva's Resting Place||An intriguing bonfire, while listed next to the Heide's Tower of Flame Bonfire's it is too far away from them (and any other bonfire) to be directly connected.|
|Bonfire||A placeholder Bonfire listed between Rhoy's Resting Place and the Rise of the Dead Bonfires.|
|Bonfire||A second placeholder Bonfire listed before the Gyrm's Respite Bonfire.|
|Last Rest of the Giants||Listed between the Soldier's Rest and Crestfallen's Retreat Bonfires.|
|Unused Last Giant Bonfire||A cut bonfire located inside the Last Giant Boss arena.|
|Unused Shaded Woods Bonfire||A cut Bonfire that would have been in the Shaded Woods, located out the left exit of the Ruined Fork Road bonfire, down the path to the blocked stone archway and the Shrine of Winter.|
|Unused Memory of Vammar Bonfire||A cut Bonfire that would have been located in the Memory of Vammar, just before you enter the courtyard.|
|Another Unused Memory of Vammar Bonfire||A second cut Bonfire, this one located next to the dead Giant at the end of the level.|
|Unused Dragon Memories Bonfire||A cut Bonfire that would have been located right next to the Dragon's corpse.|
|Unknown Bonfire 1||An unidentified Bonfire.|
|Unknown Bonfire 2||Not a Bonfire at all, but a Lord Vessel, seeing as it was possible to warp to the Lord Vessel in the original Dark Souls it would most likely have served the same purpose as one.|
Add this stuff.
Items & Equipment
Unused Items & Equipment
| Unused Items & Equipment|
An arrow in the hand is worth two in the throat.
Add this stuff.
|Unknown. Could have represented leaving a message for other players.|
|Unknown. Could have represented viewing messages left by other players.|
|Scale with an X over it.|
|Represented Agility as a main character stat in the network test.|
|Scroll with a question mark.|
|Armor, same color as the used Agility and Poise stats.|
|Third weapon slot with an X over it.|
|Same icon as Dark defense stat but in gold like other character stats.|
|Unknown. While far-fetched due to how small the texture is, it could have signified the effect of a Seed of a Tree of Giants, as it vaguely resembles some sort of seed.|
|Icon has same format as Status Ailments but is unused. Could have been used to signify that your weapon was broken.|
The following spell graphics are also present in the Network Test version of Dark Souls II.
The following menu backgrounds are present in the files of both the Network Test and the final game, but are unused in both.
|An cut menu background called 'Blacksmith' (presumably the Blacksmithing purchase/reinforce interface was originally meant to have its own special background).|
|A cut menu called 'Covenant' (Presumably related to the in-game covenant system and/or Sweet Shalquoir).|
|A cut menu background called 'Spells' (See Blacksmith description).|
|A cut menu background called 'Phantom'.|
|A cut menu background called 'Priestess' (See Blacksmith description, file named may be related to Licia of Lindelt).|
|A cut menu background called 'Shop' (See Blacksmith Description).|
Add this stuff.
| Unused Dialogue|
You've activated my trap card.
Unused Game Text
- Items you were unable to carry were left behind
- You do not have enough of the required item: %s
- You do not have enough of the required item
- Lock removed
- Already dead
- You are undeserving
- Bonfire dormant while foes lurk nearby
- Cannot use bonfire while phantom is present
- The area around this bonfire was severed from other worlds
- The creatures near this bonfire live again, with renewed vigor.
- Invasion near this bonfire restricted
- The bonfire resonates, invigorating nearby foes
- You handed over %s
- The remnants of ancient souls return
- If only we had the strength of the Giants…
- The ashen mist coalesces…
- The ashen mist has served its purpose…
- Is the dragon forever lost?
- Giants crossed the seas, perhaps in homecoming
- A harsher journey awaits you
- Do not lament; there will be another day
- Spar with others possessing Tokens of Fidelity. The victors demonstrate devotion to their covenants
- Duel other holders of Tokens of Spite. The victors demonstrate devotion to their covenants
- Holders of the Bell Keeper's Seal are obliged to expunge invaders from other worlds. Success demonstrates deep devotion to covenant
- Subjects of the Rat King must exterminate invaders. Success demonstrates deep devotion to covenant.
- ButtonPrompt:Enter the mist
- ButtonPrompt:Traverse the mist from behind
- ButtonPrompt:Exit through mist
- ButtonPrompt:Continue pulling
- ButtonPrompt:Break barrier
- ButtonPrompt:Release trap
- A Golem rests nearby, thirsting for souls…
- If only you had a shield…
- If only you had a torch…
- Danger lurks ahead
- Don't make a sound
- Proceed with caution
- The road ahead is perilous
- Your true struggle begins now
|The Dark Souls series|
|PlayStation 3||Demon's Souls • Dark Souls (Debug Version) • Dark Souls II (Debug Version)|
|Xbox 360||Dark Souls (Debug Version) • Dark Souls II (Debug Version)|
|Windows||Dark Souls (Debug Version) • Dark Souls II (Debug Version) • Dark Souls III • Dark Souls Remastered|