Proto:Shrek SuperSlam (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Windows)
This page details one or more prototype versions of Shrek SuperSlam (GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox, Windows).
A demo build of the PS2 version was released on Official UK PlayStation 2 Magazine Demo Disc 66 in December 2005, a month after the game's release. Despite this, the demo has a striking number of differences from the released game.
Screenshots instead of a video.
- The Shaba Games logo on the copyright screen is very different.
- Beenox's logo is present on the copyright screen, even though they didn't work on the game.
- The control and arrow shown for blocking/deflecting is listed as L2 on the control screen rather than R1, which is the button for blocking/deflecting in both this demo and the final game.
- Different main menu music.
- The flags behind each character are numbered.
- The level select text is different.
- The background design for the Poison Apple Inn is different, having a more fairy tale book-like design and also looking unfinished.
- The stage select design before playing looks slightly different.
- "Ready" text is different.
- "Go" text is different as it uses Shrek's ear as a design.
- The timer is different.
- The slam mechanic is different: you have to fill up a bar which makes the bar burn, rather than filling the word SLAM until it turns red and flashes.
- Characters have no voices.
- There is no "wiggle the joystick" icon for recovering faster.
- The SLAM potion looks different and is also a different color.
- Shrek is able to jump higher than he can in the final game.
- The destructive weapons you can throw flash.
- The speed boost potion reuses the SLAM potion design.
- Characters use placeholder sound effects for SLAM moves.
- Puss In Boots' SLAM move works and looks different.
- Donkey's SLAM move animation is different.
- The Viking Hat power-up has an aura around it when it spawns during gameplay.
- There are no countdown sound effects.
- The match summary text is different.
|The Shrek series|
|PlayStation 2||SuperSlam (Demo)|
|Xbox||Shrek • SuperSlam|
|Game Boy Color||Fairy Tale Freakdown|
|Game Boy Advance||Hassle at the Castle • Swamp Kart Speedway • Beg for Mercy • Reekin' Havoc • Smash n' Crash Racing • Shrek 2|
|Windows||Twisted Fairy Tale Fun • SuperSlam|
|Nintendo DS||Smash n' Crash Racing • Ogres and Dronkeys|