Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning
|Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning|
|This game is still under active development.|
Be aware that any unused content you find may become used or removed in the future. Please only add things to the article that are unlikely to ever be used, or went unused for some time. If they do get used, please remove them from the page and specify in the edit summary!
There is more content here.
Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning is a fun state-of-the-art, fully-interactive 3D, educational
horror game that parodies some of the more notorious 90s education titles, and teaches a whole wide range of subjects like teaching the player to flee from Baldi and his buddies!
- 1 Unused Graphics
- 2 Unused Areas
- 3 Unused Sounds
- 4 Revisional Differences / Changelog
- 5 Secret You Can Think Pad Codes
- 6 Subjects
An early version of It's a Bully's face, which was used for testing AI. While it is present in the secret room, the way you access it is never hinted. This was later used in the Field Trip Demo as an easter egg.
A very crudely drawn placeholder graphic for items.
Arts and Crafters' old description on the Principal's Office. It was replaced because it gave no hints on what the character actually did.
Prior to update 1.3, this used to be the chalkboard in the second classroom.
Unused Chalkboard referenced as "99.mat". It is used in game, but cannot be seen normally as it's out of bounds.
A simple graphic of Baldi's legs running. This is now used on the mobile version.
A rear view mirror. Like Baldi's legs, this went used on the mobile version.
Logos from the intro. No longer used since version 1.4.
There is a few unused, inaccessible locations in the game that can only be found when looking at the map's 3D model.
There are six hidden empty rooms in the map (right): two rooms between three Hallways connected to the top left corner outside of the Cafeteria, one around the Janitor's Closet, one from the Hallway of the map's right hand side where two connected Faculty Rooms are at, and two others from the hallway between where the Noise Phone is found.
Nevertheless, none of these areas are visible ingame, even when using hacks.
|Divided by...||This reveals that you would originally do division as well, but only addition, substraction and multiplication are present in the game.|
|Use the number buttons to enter an answer. Once you think you have it right, press the OK button.||This would make sense if it played in the You Can Think Pad on version 1.4 and up. Except, the keyboard instructions play instead, leaving this sound unused.|
Principal of the Thing
|99 Seconds.||Although not unused, it's almost impossible to get 99 seconds of detention, as Baldi would have caught the player at 60 seconds.|
|No looking in other people's lockers in the halls.||This may have been used for a mechanic that the player could click on lockers and open them, each locker containing an item or nothing. Whether the items be randomly generated or manually placed is unknown. To no one's surprise, this would obviously get you in trouble with the principal.|
|No stabbing people with pencils in the halls.||According to Mystman12 in a livestream, there was going to be a character named Pencil Boy, a little kid who would keep stabbing you with a pencil and the principal would send the character to detention if he was caught, similar to It's A Bully. It is unknown why this character was removed or how far he went into development before being scrapped.|
|No eating food in the halls.||This was removed and replaced with no bullying in version 1.3 of the game. It may have been removed due to lack of sense. You do still get in trouble for eating though.|
Playtime would have originally forced the player to jump 10 times instead of 5. This was used until the version 1.1, but the files are still in the game.
|Jump rope 10 times in a row! Once you do I'll let you go! E-he-he-he-he!|
These odd audio files are from the first version of Baldi's Basics. They appear to be audio-tapes of a nervous, unnamed character explaining how the characters work and how to deal with them.
|Is this - If you're hearing this then there's still a chance. I should probably give you some pointers. This is tape recording one. If you can hear this- I already said that. You're gonna need some tips. The most important thing: The teacher, or 'The Baldi Guy' You gotta not let him touch you, if he reaches you that's the end of everything. So don't let him touch you, just stay away from him. He can follow you based off sound, if you make noises he'll figure out where here- where that noise came from, so try to be quiet. So try to be quiet. However, there is one thing- one way you can use advantage of that. Loud noises such as this one will distract him from quieter noises, so as long as this is playing you can make quieter noises and he won't bother to look for them, he won't hear them until he figures out that this noise isn't you. So just be quiet and use noise to your advantage. Don't let Baldi touch you.|
|This is tape recording Number 2. One thing you need to watch out for is the principal of the thing, the- the creepy guy. He's- He's running around, um... He- he will ignore you, just fine, unless you're breaking one of the rules. If you're breaking any of the school rules, like running or he catches you in a faculty only room or if he sees you eating something, he will call after you and at that point there's no escape, he knows where you are, even if you go out of sight, so you can't hide, so. Basically, he touches you and then he takes you to detention, which is bad, because when you're in detention, Baldi can come in and reach you, which you know, you can't let that happen, this is really... really bad. So um... When you see him don't panic, just don't break any of the rules, unless you actually have to. Just be careful around him. Um... Walk past, stay cool... Stay cool...|
|Tape recording number 3. Um... Playtime, the little girl with the jumprope, she's um... She will see you and she will run after you, but um... sometimes if you're lucky she'll trip, that's good run away while you can. If she reaches you she will force you to play jump rope, and you won't be able to leave until you do 10 jumps or something, uh in a row, so you just have to... Stay calm, get the jumps, get them good, get them real great, and um... even if you see Baldi coming towards you, just stay calm and finish jump roping, and uh... you can get away, um whatever you say, um... that's good... Right there...|
|Tape recording number 4. Um... The sockpuppet... um... I'm not really sure about that thing. It just seems to wander... It just seems to stay away from you, um... Kinda shy, like, he just kinda goes away if you look at him, and he never comes th... I've never seen him close to anybody, so you probably won't have to worry about him, um... But then again you never really know with... with these things but... but that's all I know about sockpuppet, I think his name is "Arts and Crafters" or something, but, don't quote me on that one... Yeah... that's... Can't really... Can't really... Oh my gosh hold on I gotta go.|
|Um... Tape recording number 5... I forgot... "Gotta Sweep", he's the janitor... He just... All he does really is if he comes out the janitor closet really often and... wanders around real fast sweeping, and if he touches you or anything for that matter, then he'll just sweep you up... along. You can use this to your advantage if you need to get somewhere, you'll get away fast, but also keep in mind that if he sweeps up one of the characters, or you know... he's gonna take them for quite a distance... So if he picks up like Baldi or something you'd better run or get out of the way. You can't get out of the sweep buddy, um... It can be quite difficult... at times... He only pops up a few times, he doesn't target anything in particular, he just goes around randomly. Just sometimes he'll send you away so, um... Yeah... he keeps the place clean too which is nice, but, that's about all that's really that nice, about everything, here, going on... Uhh... yeah, okay um... gotta go, again...|
Revisional Differences / Changelog
|This page or section needs more images. |
There's a whole lotta words here, but not enough pictures. Please fix this.
- Items originally had more simple/generic names:
- Principal's Keys was simply called "Keys".
- The Baldi Anti Hearing and Disorienting Tape was called "Tape".
- There were fewer Quarters and Energy Flavored Zesty Bars.
- As soon as Playtime caught the protagonist, she would say "Jump rope ten times in a row. Once you do, I'll let you go! E-hee-hee-hee!" before jumping the rope began, making this minigame much longer. Despite this, you only have to jump 5 times.
- An oversight in Playtime's code made her much harder to run away and hide from.
- Inside the Principal's Office, instead of tables, there were some large globes which similarly blocked the player.
- Arts and Crafters' old description read: "Truly an incredible sock puppet. I've never seen one like it!".
- Turning the tape player from the noise phone on will play recordings of someone who knows what the characters do (excluding It's a Bully), explaining their mechanics.
- Mouse movement was improved.
- Bully's spawn time has now been extended.
- The You Can Think Pad's exit time has been fixed to be consistent regardless of machine speed.
- Minor fix to the game over screen.
- The "You need rest" warning properly shows up on screen.
- Stamina now recharges much more quickly.
- Jump rope game now starts faster, and doesn't attract Baldi.
- Principal is easier to hear and is less sensitive about seeing the player in faculty only rooms, eating, and drinking.
- The phone and tape player were made much more effective. Now they only make noise instead of the voice clips, make Baldi forget where the last sound he heard was, and prevent him from hearing more sounds for the duration of the audio. The Tape's name was changed to "Baldi Anti Hearing Tape" as well.
- The globes from the principal's office were replaced them with desks.
- Keys was changed to "Principal's Keys."
- An oversight that allowed you to hide behind objects was fixed.
- The music is now quieter.
- An extra shiny quarter and Zesty Bar was added!
- The mouse sensitivity slider now saves.
- Jump rope minigame is slightly harder.
- An exploit that allowed you to open doors while paused was fixed.
- Principal of the Thing no longer whistles randomly when you get your first wrong answer.
- Principal's Keys position was corrected.
- Most globes were resized.
- A bug that could prevent the bully from spawning was patched.
- Bully now lasts longer before despawning.
- NPCs can no longer pass through BSoda.
- A bug that prevented NPCs from moving through Gotta Sweep was eventually fixed.
- The tape player/phone no longer plays while the game is paused or while a learning game is active.
- Playtime's oversight was fixed.
- An extra poster was added.
- A bug that caused the player to get stuck in the jump rope game got fixed.
- Baldi is now harder to hear.
- Baldi is a bit slower.
- Lots of improvements to the ending sequence were made.
- Minor tweaks to the main menu.
- A bug that prevented your stamina from recharging is now fixed.
- The player is now slightly faster when walking through Gotta Sweep than it was before.
- The chairs are now properly attached to the floor and not floating.
- Minor tweaks were made to the BSoda. Unfortunately, this didn't fix the problems at all.
- A poster with information about the phone was added.
- Hint added to the ending sequence.
- The BSoda problem was fixed for real.
- A break in the AI path is now patched up.
- The phone is now a little bit easier to reach.
- A bug that could cause the cursor to disappear during the Math game got fixed.
- A new character; 1st Prize was added.
- New endless mode!
- Baldi's speed now increases along a curve; he becomes more threatening more quickly, but his max speed is lower than before.
- Baldi's audio quality is intentionally worse.
- Running out of stamina now no longer slows you down.
- Playtime was slowed down, and she now emits music.
- New hot-keys for item selection.
- A glitch that made Arts and Crafters hard to trigger was fixed.
- New Skybox and outdoors decoration.
- The new items, Safety Scissors, WD-NoSquee, and Alarm Clock, were added.
- It's a Bully's spawn points have changed.
- Eating food is now allowed, and bullying is no longer allowed.
- New pause menu.
- The secret ending was added. WOAH MYSTERY!!1!
- Zesty Bar machines are now a thing.
- A bug involving the alternate ending was fixed.
- Notebook respawn sounds are much louder.
- Playtime now only wanders the halls; she will only enter a room if she sees you, not randomly.
- The WD-NoSquee poster was added.
- The mouse issue was (Finally!) fixed.
- The new custom cursor was added.
- It's a Bully is now easier to be caught bullying by the Principal.
- Baldi has now a tiny speed boost.
- Principal can no longer punish you for running when getting pushed by 1st Prize or Gotta Sweep while holding the run button.
- Lots of yellow doors were added!
- Baldi now hears exits when they disappear.
- Baldi is now slower in endless mode.
- Occlusion culling is now present, improving performance.
- Controller support.
- Player movement was incredibly improved.
- A number pad was added to the You Can Think Pad for touch screen inputs.
- A chalkboard and some paintings had an improvement.
- New rebuilt menu system, with proper screens for story, credits, and options.
- Custom control mapping!
- One of the extra red notebooks was changed to the missing yellow notebook.
- A bug where the Principal of the Thing wouldn't send It's A Bully to detention was fixed.
- A texture bug where the walls next to doors appeared squished is now patched.
- Because of occlusion culling, the schoolhouse no longer renders when in a YCTP resulting in better performance.
- The boring desks now have wood textures.
- NPC navigation was improved for lower spec PCs.
- Baldi is now lip-synced properly.
- Gotta Sweep's bristles were made black in order to avoid considering it as a carbon copy of the Libman Precision Angle Broom. But his poster still looked the same until next version.
- The missing phone poster is back!
- Fixed bug that could cause you to get stuck between a wall and a desk.
- Fixed bug that made the lock not work on the first three yellow doors.
- The back button on play menu is now selectable with a controller.
- Gotta Sweep's poster was updated.
- Re-added Baldi's instructional audio.
- Improved play menu.
- New loading screen.
- Fixed bug that prevented you from using WD-NoSquee on the center door in the east hallway.
- Corrected build settings to support 32-bit operating systems.
Version 1.4.1c (Linux Only)
- Fixes the issues with the previous versions where the screen was only showing a solid color.
Secret You Can Think Pad Codes
On version 1.4.1 and up, entering certain numbers on the You Can Think Pad will give you mysterious results.
With the number 31718, the You Can Think Pad will briefly show a message reading "THIS IS WHERE IT ALL BEGAN", instantly teleporting the player to a placeholder room with green and red walls with the words "place the holder" crudely drawn on them, containing 2 PlaceFaces; one stays still, and the other chases you, although it does no harm or damage. The number is actually a reference to when Mystman12 started working on Baldi's Basics; March 17, 2018 (3/17/18). Additionally, the HUD is missing, the pause menu cannot be brought up, and the Space key cannot be pressed to look behind you.
The number 53045009 triggers the message "USE THESE TO STICK TO THE CEILING!" and flips the entire game upside down, except for the HUD, and that's it. The number, when flipped upside down, most likely reads "GOOSHOES".
|This needs some investigation.|
Discuss ideas and findings on the talk page.
Mystman12 originally planned to add more subjects than just math to the game. Besides time constrains, he realized that some subjects could confuse the players that lived outside of the USA who were not familiar with American history and/or English, making them have a difficult time solving the questions. He later decided to leave math as the only subject in the entire game.
Upon hacking, all seven notebooks are revealed to have unused assigned subjects.