Also known as: Driver 2: The Wheelman Is Back (US, alternate), Driver 2: Back on the Streets (EU, alternate)
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Driver 2 is mostly the same as the previous game, but this time you can go on foot and do things, like (obviously) steal cars. Unfortunately, it suffers from even worse frame rate problems than its predecessor, often dropping into the single digits.
Using the GameShark code 800AA75A 0001 on the US 1.1 version of the game will show where your player is on the world on the bottom-left of the screen.
- The opening cutscene before the main menu has different music between the European and US releases.
- In PAL version, cutscene "The Shootout" has all the blood removed and one shot has darkened part brightened while having a slightly different angle.
- In the last cutscene, music starts at the end credits in the PAL version and immediately in NTSC Version.
- US 1.1 version changes Vegas to Las Vegas in the city selection.
- EU 1.1 version doesn't have "UPBEAT MUSIC" indicator during the credits when subtitles are set to on.
- European Platinum-version manual has added information about what Save Settings and Load Settings options do. This was as a separate addendum with the PAL Limited Edition, which contained version 1.1 in black label.
|The Driver series|
|PlayStation||Driver (Prototypes) • Driver 2|
|Windows||Driver (Demo) • DRIV3R • Driver: Parallel Lines • Driver: San Francisco|
|Game Boy Color||Driver|
|PlayStation 2, Xbox||DRIV3R • Driver: Parallel Lines (Prototype)|
|Mac OS X||Driver: San Francisco|
|Wii||Driver: Parallel Lines|