Godzilla (Game Boy)
Also known as: Godzilla-Kun: Kaijuu Daikessen (JP)
Godzilla, the puzzle-platformer, based on the 1985 Japan-only MSX game. Well, people seemed to like it, so...
During the game, hold A + B + Start and press Select for the Sound Test.
At the title screen, choose Continue, then Password 18, then enter one of the below passwords to see the corresponding message (Note: Underscores in the below passwords represent spaces).
Message to Norie
&?K1N/R1_ T/_N/R1=_ (International), YUK1N0R1_ T0_N0R1E_ (Japan)
PR/GR#M=R S_FR1=NDS (International), PR0GRAMER S_FR1ENDS (Japan)
Message to Coats (International versions only)
Message to Testers (Japanese version only)
Add the remaining regional differences (gameplay and graphics).
The Japanese title screen features a very cute and cartoony rendition of the classic movie monster, whereas the US/European version opts for a much more realistic version. The music used during the title screen in the Japanese version is also used for the monster roll-call in the US/European version, with the US/European version using an original composition for the title screen itself.
The monsters in the US/European version move exactly as they do in the original Godzilla-kun. The Japanese version, on the other hand, makes some changes to the monsters' behaviors:
- Godzilla now moves at double his original speed.
- Baragon sometimes pauses to yawn in place.
- MechaGodzilla now doesn't move unless Godzilla is moving, and he usually prefers to do his own thing as opposed to chasing Godzilla.
- Rodan no longer homes in directly on Godzilla; instead he usually flies above Godzilla waiting to ambush him with a dive attack.
- Hedorah stops moving at random intervals, and when punched he melts into a puddle and cannot damage Godzilla, as opposed to being knocked back with no visible injuries.
|The Godzilla series|
|NES||Godzilla: Monster of Monsters! • Godzilla 2: War of the Monsters|
|Game Boy (Color)||Godzilla • Kaijuu-Oh Godzilla|
|Game Gear||Godzilla: Kaijuu no Daishingeki|
|Dreamcast||Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact|
|Game Boy Advance||Godzilla: Domination!|
|GameCube||Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee|
|Xbox||Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee • Godzilla: Save the Earth|
|PlayStation 2||Godzilla: Save the Earth • Godzilla: Unleashed|