|This page is showing its age.|
Please to fit our current standards!
Since there is a lot of different stuff to be ripped from both games, We have decided to make two separate pages. They are technically 2 separate games, although JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is the game that JoJo's Venture was meant to be.
- 1 Content Found in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure/JoJo's Venture
- 2 Regional Differences
- 3 Hol Horse & Hanged Man
- 4 Enya Geil in JoJo's Venture
- 5 Iceman Assets in JoJo's Venture
- 6 Cameo/Judgement in JoJo's Venture
- 7 Joseph Joestar's Famous Screams Graphics in JoJo's Venture
- 8 New Kakyoin in JoJo's Venture
- 9 Red Earth/Warzard Leftovers
Content Found in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure/JoJo's Venture
Much of the content found in this game can also be found in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. On this page icons are used to denote which versions of the game this content can be found in. Icons will be changed if they are found in earlier or later versions.
Sprites for Cameo, Enya, zombies, and a few more things exist only in JoJo's Venture with only references existing on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Trying to use the development menu in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure to load up Cameo, per se will load a garbled sprite mess.
The graphics of the character select are different depending on which region you play the game in. All English versions replace the katakana sound effects.
|The Character Select in the Japanese Version||The Character Select in any English Version|
Most other non-game specific regional differences on the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure page still stand in this version of the game.
Hol Horse has a single sprite in the game (pictured above) and was apparently to be a separated character from the Hanged Man. Hol Horse and J. Geil, the Hanged Man's stand user have separate assets for death animation, screen portrait, and titling for single player vs fights.
Also, Hol Horse's death animation is the same in the update: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
|Hol Horse in JoJo's Venture||Hol Horse in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure|
Hol Horse had different sprites for his in-game fight portrait, which is unusual because his are the only ones that differ from JoJo's Venture to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (in terms of characters who have assets in JoJo's Venture who were finished in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure).
More assets will be uploaded soon.
This single sprite appears only in JoJo's Venture. It was for an unused mini-game for fighting hordes of zombies (just like in a chapter of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure manga). The sprites for the zombies are still in the game, although unfinished, lacking any shadows and details.
- Sprites for the Zombies are coming soon.
This sprite would have been Enya's death animation if she was still fightable in-game. The PlayStation version puts the sprite to use, but scaled down due to memory constraints.
This is her in-game fight portrait (the palette shown is a guess).
These ice animations have been found in JoJo's Venture and at first glance, they might be unfinished Pet Shop ice effects, but they are actually effects from Iceman in X-Men: Children of the Atom. This effect can be found as well as a single set of animation for his ice octagonal ball attack.
- It's been said that these effects couldn't have been inherited from a previous engine/game since the game it was made for ran on different hardware (CPS2) and thus had to be redrawn into this game. Whatever use it served is unknown at this current time.
Using the development menu, we can find a single unused, unfinished sprite for the Stand Judgement. Cameo is the stand user and his name was found in the game as well.
This is the sprite that would be used for when someone wins a match with Cameo. It would only be displayed if the player won as this character so it is very possible that he was likely intended to be playable at some point in development.
- The reason for the name changes is to avoid legal issues. Most characters in JoJo have a band or a song related to them. Examples such as D'Bo instead of Devo, Iggi instead of Iggy Pop, and Iced instead of Vanilla Ice. Cameo to Kameo was one of those changes (Cameo is an 80's funk group).
This sprite is displayed when Judgement would be the next fight in story mode.
The death animation for Judgement. It was in sections just as it is for everyone else in the game.
These are the in-game fight portraits for Cameo with, hopefully, the right palette.
Anyone who is familiar with JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (the manga), parts 2 and 3, would know about Joseph's catchphrases.
There are graphics for them in the game and they seem to never be used. Most things in this game are animated ever so slightly but these are single frame graphics.
|Joseph in the Manga||The Graphics Found in the Game|
These are a few other less famous things that he has said, now in sprite form!
These seem to be the only assets of New Kakyoin in JoJo's Venture.
The standard, "Recycle it, don't trash it!" & "Winners don't use Drugs", do not appear in the American version of JoJo's Venture. It appears that it was originally meant to be put in or it was left over from Red Earth (the latter being most likely).
- It's also worth noting that these were found in the Travel Map Screen in the BG TEST section of the debug menu. Since the score screen uses the Travel Map, it would have most likely been featured as the next screen.
- It's worth noting as well that all of the assets were taken out of the sequel, most likely because there was no USA release.
Ok, well they are in the game, mostly complete. Both "Winners don't use drugs" and "Recycle it! Don't Trash it!" do have complete tile-sets which are viewable in the BG Test.
The way the game breaks down backgrounds only shows around 3/4ths of the tile-set. Note how the color palette isn't complete for the Recycle Advert as that was never used in Red Earth.
|The JoJo's Bizarre Adventure series|
|Arcade||JoJo's Venture • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure|
|Dreamcast||JoJo's Bizarre Adventure|
|PlayStation 2||Ougon no Kaze|
|PlayStation 3||Eyes of Heaven|
|PlayStation 4||Eyes of Heaven|