Left 4 Dead 2
|Left 4 Dead 2|
This game has unused animations.
It started when fans of Left 4 Dead were complaining about Valve often taking too long before they actually release their games. In response, Valve decided to create Left 4 Dead 2 in an attempt to prove that they can keep to their schedule and meet their final deadline. However, people were not too pleased about the announcement being just a year after the first game was made when they were promised and expected new content, so they started a boycott as a protest. It was unsuccessful, as some of the boycotters eventually purchased Left 4 Dead 2 when it was offered at a discount.
Also, the released game shipped with a myriad of problems (such as animation errors), which people were not best pleased about. After this whole debacle had ended, people agreed on one thing – Valve Time could actually be positive...
There's lots to do:
| Unused Sounds|
They just couldn't get them to shut up!
| Unused Items|
A variety of unused weapons and items!
| Unused Levels|
A variety of unused levels and level features!
When you bring Whitaker his cola he will clear the way for you Micheal Bay-style, but you can never actually see Whitaker without noclipping. He shares a similar appearance to the Fallen Survivor.
Hidden Magnum Pistol Text
On the Magnum Pistol's barrel the text "1337 Weapon Industries (yOgi) PWN" and "Made In Shyville" can be read. Also, there doesn't seem to be a hole for the bullets to come out of.
Unused M60 Reload Animation
The M60 has the same reload animation as the AK-47, but since it can never have any reserve ammo this is never seen.
Again, the Hunter was supposed to be able to pounce in first-person view.
The Fallen Survivor was going to be included in the base game but was cut. They could be spawned but were very buggy, thus could crash the game and occasionally drop invisible items. These unidentifiable pickups seem to be broken versions of items ranging from Molotov Cocktails to Medkits. All of these problems were fixed when the Fallen Survivor finally made it into the "The Passing" DLC.
This song was originally used as the intro theme for the Cold Stream campaign (ugh), before it got replaced with a L4D-styled one.
This game start-up graphic was presumably used before variations for the five campaigns were made, the standard aspect ratio version and this are completely identical.
To owners of the German version: are there any changes missing from the below list?
Due to Germany's squeamish censorship laws, there were many cuts and changes to L4D2:
- The Riot Infected were initially removed from the game due to depiction of violence towards official authority in German law. They were eventually restored in an update, minus the "SECURITY" on their armour.
- Weapons from Counter-Strike: Source spawn.
- Infected cannot be set on fire, and no damage is visible when hit with Explosive Ammo or blown up by Pipe Bombs.
- L4D1-style pipebomb deaths.
- After death, the Infected start fading away almost immediately, usually before they even hit the ground.
- The Cricket Bat's texture lacks bloodstains.
The Australian version was initially similar to the German version, but a little more lenient:
- The Riot Infected are present and accounted for, but do not count towards the "Crass Menagerie" achievement.
- Common Infected can be set on fire, but won't actually render any fire on the model - they'll run around waving their arms screaming regardless.
- L4D1-style pipe bomb deaths.
- No censorship for the weapon textures.
- The Cricket Bat has a Southern Cross on the bat and the dates of when Australia has won The Ashes.
The Australian version has since been released uncensored on the Australian store page, as well as a downloadable patch.