Shadowgate (Mac OS Classic)
This game has hidden bonus content.
Plenty of gates, plenty of shadows.
There are multiple marked "exits" in the game which are (seemingly) impossible to actually pass through during normal gameplay; however, at least one of these can be made passable through following a series of (unprompted) steps, and a pixel-perfect item placement.
In brief, the steps are as follows (skipping over intermediate steps):
- Get the slingshot from the closet in the entrance hallway.
- In the "EPOR" room, close the vial on the left, then take it with you.
- In the waterfall room, place the vial in *exactly* the location shown in the first screenshot below.
- Load the slingshot with a pebble.
- Heat the vial with a torch.
- Shoot the vial with your slingshot. (This must be done as the next action after heating the vial.)
"TMON" is the name of another product by ICOM Simulations.
While Tod Zipnick would tragically pass away in 1991, the secret room's description as the "Tod Zipnick Memorial Secret Room" is actually found in versions of the game dating back to 1987, suggesting that the description was merely a joke which heartbreakingly didn't age well.
A video with a more thorough step-by-step guide to accessing the secret room can be found here:
The MacVenture series
|Mac OS Classic||Deja Vu • Uninvited • Shadowgate|
|NES||Deja Vu • Shadowgate • Uninvited|
|Game Boy Color||Shadowgate Classic|
|Windows||8-bit Adventure Anthology: Volume 1|