This game has a prototype article
Document leftover Japanese text from Jak 2
Jak 3 is the final game in the Jak and Daxter trilogy. Now with 50% more desert and driving!
halfpipe is the internal name for a test level which can be loaded and has its own checkpoint. It includes the following assets:
- Swinging poles
- Precursor orbs
- A dark eco vent
- A light eco vent
- A dark maker idol
Attempting to reach certain points of the area will cause the game to crash as it tries to load assets from Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy which are not present in the files. Because of this, most of the present assets also cannot be seen, as they are too close to the missing ones. The missing assets are:
- The Precursor Legacy-style eco vents
- A yellow eco cluster
- A red eco cluster
- A power cell
|havcity1||A slightly different version of the Haven City theme.|
|satelite||The Jak II final boss theme in better quality. The filename suggests that it was going to be used for the satellite boss fight in the desert.|
|dogshit1||A track resembling the Metal Head Hunt theme.|
|dogshit2||Themes with unknown purposes.|
Describe the error messages in more detail.
Debug mode can be accessed by entering the following button combinations. There are two parts to the full combination and if each part is entered correctly, a sound effect from the menu screens of the Jak II prototype demos will play. The mode can be turned off using the same combinations. The combinations don't always reliably work but have a better chance of working when entered in the pause menu.
- First part: while holding down L3 press (using the D-Pad, not the analog stick) Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, ✕, ✕, ◻, O, ◻, O
- Second part: while holding down L3 press (using the D-Pad) O, ◻, O, ◻, ✕, ✕, Right, Left, Right, Left, Down, Down, Up, Up
Debug mode unlocks the following features when pressing specific button combinations:
- L1 + R1 + L2 + R2: Turns on free camera mode, while making Jak disappear. The mode is turned off by pressing the same buttons.
- R2 immediately after taking damage: Health will be restored. This also prevents instant death, unless Jak is attacked by one of the ocean tentacles.
- L2 + R2: Jak will levitate. While levitating, R2 makes Jak ascend and L2 makes him descend. It is turned off by pressing L1 or ✕.
- Holding down L2 + R2 inside the Dark Maker bot: The suit will levitate, but will fall once the buttons are released. Levitation also works this way in the debug mode for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
- (using the D-Pad) Up + Left + Select: Restarts the game. If used in free camera mode, it instantly respawns all the level's objects and all inventory items are lost.
- L1 or R1 during a cutscene: Changes the speed of the scene whilst displaying text that shows the speed rate. Holding L1 slows it down while holding R1 speeds it up. Pressing ✕ restores the normal speed.
- ✕ during a cutscene: Pauses the scene and shows the text "scene paused"
- L1 in a minigame: The game is automatically lost
- R1 in a minigame: The game is automatically won
- R2 while the game is paused with Select: The game unpauses for one frame then re-pauses
- L2 + R1 on the Start menu: Replaces the menu options with the following:
|Normal function||Debug function||Description|
|Show Map||Select Start||Allows any mission to be played from the beginning. Functions in the same way as "Level Select" in the main menu.|
|Missions||Select Pre-Start||Allows any mission to be played from its introductory cutscene.|
|High Scores||Demo Missions||A small number of missions are playable.|
|Inventory||Scene Player Act 1||Functions in the same way as "Scene Player Act 1" in the main menu.|
|Controls||Scene Player Act 2||Functions in the same way as "Scene Player Act 2" in the main menu.|
|Options||Scene Player Act 3||Functions in the same way as "Scene Player Act 3" in the main menu.|
|Secrets||Secrets||Shows the "Secrets" menu from the main menu screen instead of the in-game pause screen.|
If a second controller is plugged in, it can be used for the following:
- Holding down R3: Displays debug text
- △: Toggles debug text
- L3 + ◻: Toggles debug text
- L3 + O: Toggles debug text
- L3 + ✕: Gives Jak 1000 skull gems and Precursor orbs. Unlocks JET-Board and all guns, Dark Jak and Light Jak powers.
- L3 + R1 during a cutscene: Toggles debug text
Debug mode also results in various error and warning messages appearing in the top-left screen such as "outside of bsp".
|The Jak and Daxter series|
|PlayStation 2||The Precursor Legacy (Prototype) • Jak II (Prototypes) • Jak 3 (Prototypes) • Jak X: Combat Racing (Prototypes) • The Lost Frontier|
|PlayStation Portable||Daxter (Prototype) • The Lost Frontier|
|PlayStation Vita||Jak and Daxter Collection|