Just Dance 2
|Just Dance 2|
Just Dance 2 is the second installment of the popular dance game series made by Ubisoft.
There are 9 different songs that were planned to be featured in the game but were later scrapped for unknown reasons. The following songs go unused in the final game:
- Jacques Offenbach - Infernal Galop
- Lady Gaga ft. Colby O. Donis - Just Dance
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- Unknown Artist - Perfume
- The Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
- Donna Summer - I Feel Love
- Michael Jackson - Smooth Criminal
- The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
- Village People - Y.M.C.A
- Video Killed The Radio Star and I Feel Love were meant to be original DLCs for the game, but the two routines were never released and later postponed to the main tracklist of Just Dance 3.
- It is unknown who the singer of Perfume is.
- Some of these songs were brought back apart from just Video Killed The Radio Star and I Feel Love. Just Dance by Lady Gaga and Y.M.C.A by Village People were later featured on Just Dance 2014, while I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas was later added to Just Dance 2016. However, Infernal Galop was not brought back until Just Dance 2020.
References to Strap Screens from Unused Languages
The function Activate__16RVL_SplashScreenFv has code to load the Japanese and Simplified Chinese version of the strap screen, whose filenames start with strap_jp and strap_sch. While the files for the Japanese version still exist in the game (in the /logos/strap/other directory), the ones for the Simplified Chinese language are not present.
Unused Loading Screen
In the videos folder, there is an unused loading screen video called CD_Loading.bik that shows a CD spinning in the bottom right corner. Note that the original video had a transparent background.
Linker Address Maps
Seven leftover linker address maps for different versions of the game can be found in the /debug directory. Three of them are for an unknown file named Ai2CppWii.plf, while the rest refer to the actual game. These contain many symbols from the game's executable, such as object and function names.
The "D", "F" and "R" might stand for "Debug", "Final" and "Release", in the same way as how the "Ai2CppWii.plf" maps are named.
Many strings found in some of those files reference Perforce, a version control system.
Unused Dynamic Library Files
Four unused dynamic library files exist in the game, in the root of the filesystem. Most of which are for non-retail versions of the game.
Ai2CppWiiFinal.rso mentions the Ai2CppWiiDebug.plf file:
Meanwhile, each LynWii*.sel references an unused ELF executable (named the same as the SEL).
Unused Wii Motion Plus Strap Screens
Image files for the strap screen version that includes the Wii Motion Plus exist for every language (all of which have the MP string in the filename), even though the game does not use this peripheral.
Unused Home Menu Language
The game has the Home Menu version for the Chinese language (stored in HomeButton2/homeBtn_CHN.arc), despite it not being released in China.
The Just Dance series
|Wii||Just Dance 2 • Just Dance: Summer Party • Just Dance Wii • Just Dance 4 • Just Dance 2015 • Just Dance 2019 • Just Dance 2020|
|Wii U||Just Dance 4 • Just Dance 2015 • Just Dance 2016 • Just Dance Unlimited • Just Dance 2019|
|Nintendo Switch||Just Dance Unlimited • Just Dance 2019 • Just Dance 2020 • Just Dance 2021 • Just Dance 2022|
|PlayStation 3||Just Dance 4 • Just Dance 2015|
|PlayStation 4||Just Dance 2015 • Just Dance Unlimited • Just Dance 2019 • Just Dance 2020 • Just Dance 2021 • Just Dance 2022|
|Xbox 360||Just Dance 4 • Just Dance 2015 • Just Dance 2019|
|Xbox One||Just Dance 2015 • Just Dance Unlimited • Just Dance 2019 • Just Dance 2020 • Just Dance 2021 • Just Dance 2022|
|Google Stadia||Just Dance Unlimited • Just Dance 2020 • Just Dance 2021 • Just Dance 2022|
|Nintendo DS||Michael Jackson: The Experience|
|Wii||The Smurfs Dance Party|
|Xbox 360||The Black Eyed Peas Experience|