If you've blocked our ad, please consider unblocking it.
We promise it isn't annoying. No flash, no sound, ever.
Metal Slug 5 (Neo Geo)
|Metal Slug 5|
This game has unused areas.
|This page is rather stubbly and could use some expansion.|
Are you a bad enough dude to
Notes: add stuff from here.
Metal Slug 5 is the first Metal Slug game not to feature General Morden as the main villain. Kind of odd, considering that the enemy sprites are just sprite edits of the Soldiers from the previous games. This is the first Metal Slug game to be developed by SNK Playmore after SNK's resurrection, and the last to be released on the Neo Geo. The game is also notoriously unfinished as it was heavily rushed. As a result, a huge amount of content remains unused.
- メニューを とじる（ＰＡＵＳＥしたまま） - Close the Menu (While Paused)
- ＳＥＴ ＤＥＢＵＧ ＤＩＰ
- ステージ セレクト - Stage Select
- ＴＥＳＴ ＳＴＡＧＥ
- サウンド テスト - Sound Test
- リセット - Reset
To access the debug mode, open the game in Console Mode and set debug developer mode On at the Neo Geo boot-up screen: this can be done via the Kawaks emulator, the Nebula emulator or using the Neo Geo UniBios.
Start the game, and press COIN up twice during gameplay: after pausing, the debug menu will appear - with options to activate the debug dipswitches (which can be activated separately through other options using Kawaks) and even the ability to play on any regular level, and even some test levels not available in the actual game. There is also a Sound Test screen.
SET DEBUG DIP
- ムテキ - Invincibility
- ＶＩＥＷ ＩＮＦＯＲＭＡＴＩＯＮ - View debug information.
- イツデモＰＡＵＳＥ - Allows to pause during score tally, cutscenes and credits.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＧＥＯ ＳＣＲＯＬＬ Ａ - 1st plane check, shows the walkable ground, makes the foreground choppy as it scrolls when activated. May linger if not turned off properly.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＧＥＯ ＳＣＲＯＬＬ Ｂ - 2nd plane check, makes the background choppy as it scrolls when activated.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＡＴＴＡＣＫ ＲＥＣＴ - View attack hitbox.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＢＯＤＹ ＲＥＣＴ - View body hitbox.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＰＵＳＨ ＲＥＣＴ - View objects that block the players path.
- ムセイゲン グレネード - Infinite grenades.
- ムセイゲン ＰＯＷガン - Infinite ammunition.
- ＶＩＥＷ ＰＡ ポイント - A sprite appears, showing the player's respawn point.
- Ｄボタン、テキ ゼンメツ - Press D to destroy all onscreen enemies (no score bonuses)
- ”ＰＡＵＳＥ”ヒョウジＯＦＦ - Disables the blinking pause message.
- ＢＧＭ ＯＦＦ - Turns off the BGM.
- ＷＡＲＮ パレット オーバー - Has something to do with the palette.
- ＦＯＲ ０８ブキコ1 - FOR 08Armory1
- ＦＯＲ ０９ブキコ2 - FOR 09Armory2
- ＦＯＲ １０ノリモノ - FOR 10Vehicle
A set of test stages can also be played from the debug menu, although compared to Metal Slug 2, X, and 3, they are very lacking. Out of the 10 test stage entries, only three are functional: FOR 08 (a vehicle and weapon test room), FOR 09 (a dual machine gun test room), and FOR 10 (another vehicle test room). They all use the underground subway stage as their background, and are devoid of enemies.
SFX and BGM test screen.
The final option of the debug menu resets the game.
This is actually used, but only a small part of the image is glimpsed through the viewfinder animation.
Ptolemaic Tara with Bomb
A Ptolemaic Tara carrying a bomb with a skull and bones sign on it. The ones that appear only uses missiles.
Rumi Aikawa jet
Rumi Aikawa piloting a jet. Probably supposed to appear in mission 2.
One of the most common weapons found in the other Metal Slug games, the flame shot, goes strangely unused in this game. It can be found in the unused stage 3:9 and will work like normal.
Depending on what BIOS is used, the message shown at startup will be different.
|The Metal Slug series|
|Neo Geo||Metal Slug • Metal Slug 2 • Metal Slug X • Metal Slug 3 • Metal Slug 4 • Metal Slug 5|
|Game Boy Advance||Metal Slug Advance|
|Nintendo DS||Metal Slug 7|