If you appreciate the work done within the wiki, please consider supporting The Cutting Room Floor on Patreon. Thanks for all your support!
Proto:Super Monkey Ball Deluxe
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page details one or more prototype versions of Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.
A PS2 preview build dated December 14, 2004 which only contains very few differences compared to the final release.
- Saving doesn't work. Attempting to save will just lock up the game.
- The prototype isn't as optimized resulting in a less stable framerate.
- Some fonts lack a drop shadow in the prototype making them harder to read.
- The levels Metamorphis, Bowl Open, and Invisible have an invisible barrier around the goal making those levels impossible to complete.
- The level Coffee Cup has an invisible object which knocks you off the level.
- The level Cliffs is known as Steep Surfaces.
- The Sega logo is at a lower resolution and is brighter than in the final.
Screenshot of the final's loading screen. PCSX2 doesn't render the small Aiai icon.
- The loading screens in the prototype use a plain font for the "Now Loading" text. The final uses a much nicer looking font and also has a small icon of Aiai waving.
- The title screen image is much lower quality than in the final.
- The "Press Start Button" text doesn't animate.
- The colored balls in the story mode stage select are more transparent in the prototype.
- Light reflections on the ball are missing in the prototype.
- The minimap is darker in the prototype.
- The pause menu is darker in the prototype due to a layering issue.
- The stage overview uses icons to represent the controls in the prototype. The final uses text to represent the controls.
The Monkey Ball series
|GameCube||Super Monkey Ball • Super Monkey Ball 2 (Demo) • Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
|Game Boy Advance||Super Monkey Ball Jr. (Prototype)|
|N-Gage||Super Monkey Ball|
|PlayStation 2||Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (Prototype) • Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
|Xbox||Super Monkey Ball Deluxe|
|Nintendo DS||Touch & Roll|
|PlayStation Portable||Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
|Wii||Banana Blitz • Step & Roll|
|Nintendo 3DS||Super Monkey Ball 3D|
|Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4||Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD|
|Windows||Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD • Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania|