Super Monkey Ball Adventure
|Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
This game has unused areas.
This game has a prerelease article
This game has a notes page
Super Monkey Ball Adventure is a sequel to the highly popular game Super Monkey Ball 2. This new installment developed by Traveller's Tales' Oxford studio featured a full story mode with multiple open worlds to go around and do things in (all without the ability to jump!). This particular entry received immense amounts of negative reception due to its poor controls, poor story, and lesser emphasis on the actual platform gameplay. Safe to say TT's Oxford division didn't last much longer, even after their one diamond in the rough.
Figure out how to access the debug mode.
| Unused Audio|
Unused songs, unused jingles and a LOT of unused announcer voice clips.
| Unused Text|
Unused ability chants, placeholder text, unused development-related text, you name it.
| Unused Levels|
Why are there so many versions of Ever Decreasing anyway?
| Revision Differences|
Differences between the PS2 version, the GameCube version and the PSP version.
Present only in the PS2 version is an FMV named TTIDENT.PSS which is the older version of the Traveller's Tales logo.
Compiled - 10:27:47 Jun 28 2006 NGC Release Build - Version
Compiled - 10:28:56 Jul 6 2006 PS2 Release Build - Version
Compiled - 12:23:25 Jun 7 2006 PSP Release Build - Version
Exclusive to the GameCube port is this crash handler which appears whenever the game crashes.
Internal Level Names
The internal file names for some of the levels are different from their in-game names.
- FREEWHEELER is internally known as threewheel.
- SKID SLALOM is internally known as skidbiffers.
- CIRCUITS is internally known as threedom.
- FUNRUN is internally known as funnelrun.
- BACKFLIP is internally known as electricbiffersofdoom.
- HEADLONG is internally known as threebie.
- STRANDED is internally known as threesticks.
-<settings> -<challenge> <time>60</time> <start_lives>3</start_lives> <max_lives>99</max_lives> <continues>5</continues> <extra_life>50</extra_life> <banana_score>100</banana_score> </challenge> -<rolling> <default_jump_enabled>0</default_jump_enabled> <default_power_jump_enabled>0</default_power_jump_enabled> <power_jump_size>35</power_jump_size> <squash_threshold>60</squash_threshold> <squash_recover_distance>25</squash_recover_distance> </rolling> </settings>
- Edits to settings.xml do effect the game and can be used to activate unused jumping abillities.
- default_jump_enabled gives the player an unused jumping ability when pressing the B button.
- default_power_jump_enabled gives the player another unused jump this time charging up with an unused animation before jumping. The height of this jump is determined by the <power_jump_size> setting.
A gecko code to enable power jumping in-game.
Power Jump Activator (NTSC) [Lakitu64]
- If one increases power jump size, squash, and recover distance (in this example, everything is multiplied by 10), the results look like this:
Look for more file oddities then document them here.
There is a folder in the font folder named "shitfuck".
For the GameCube version, although the Level folders outside Puzzles have many files (.CSC models, .lgt lights, .lk hub world link files, etc.), the game actually only uses the .SEQ file, which has all the previous mentioned files if seen in hex. For why there's duplicated unused assets, it's probably due to rushing source files when porting from PS2 development. This is fairly common for other 6th gen Traveller Tales games.
Unlike the PSP version, the PS2 version's RM/SM archives are compressed.
The Monkey Ball series
|GameCube||Super Monkey Ball • Super Monkey Ball 2 (Demo) • Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
|Game Boy Advance||Super Monkey Ball Jr.|
|N-Gage||Super Monkey Ball|
|PlayStation 2||Super Monkey Ball Deluxe (Prototype) • Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
|Xbox||Super Monkey Ball Deluxe|
|Nintendo DS||Touch & Roll|
|PlayStation Portable||Super Monkey Ball Adventure|
|Wii||Banana Blitz • Step & Roll|
|Nintendo 3DS||Super Monkey Ball 3D|
|Nintendo Switch||Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz HD|