User talk:Andrew Rae
Hey Andrew, what's up? I would like to know how did you find those Double Dragon (NES) unused credits graphics? I just played the game with FCEUX's PPU Viewer open and I didn't get to see those credits. And that credits list you have there, is that also found in text form or graphic form? ReyVGM 13:04, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- Acchhh!! Pfff, *hack*... hey, someone actually posted here?
- Okay...I used a graphic viewer program to find that stuff, Tile Layer Pro. YK introduced me to YY-CHR, so you could try that too. As for the credits list, it's a bit of both. The names are in text, but the headers are graphics, which you can find in the big block.
- Phew...welcome to my talk page!! Andrew Rae 13:19, 2 December 2012 (EST)
Plus it was ReyVGM, the guy who runs the Video Game Museum. Its like seeing a unicorn. Anyhow, nice to meet you Andy. I've been trying to do some edits here, hopefully with stepping on too many toes. Am I alright so far? MightyKombat 13:24, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- Well, look at this, I put a few things up on my user page and now people start showing up. Little do you know that we actually go a ways back, I'd done plenty of endings for him around the mid 00's, and you'll find my name mostly in the Game Gear endings.
- Your edits...well, haven't kept so much track of them, so I can't make any conclusions...except that you're something of a fighting game buff? Andrew Rae 13:34, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- Now that I remember, yeah I did see your name in some of the endings pages. Yeah, amongst other stuff. MightyKombat 14:02, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- Yeah, Andrew and I go way back. I still have some of his submissions I have to put up :P As for the graphics. Hey, you're right! I found them. I was using FCEUX's title viewer but I forgot that if a scene is not used, it's not going to appear there because it only shows me the graphics that are loaded in the moment. But for the text, I had to use a table maker because it was not stored in plain text. Thanks! ReyVGM 14:20, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- PARTY AT ANDREW RAE'S PAGE EVERYONE'S INVITED WOOOOOO (also hi Rey) // Foxhack 14:35, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- I'll bake a cake. Also Rey get dem JoJo's Bizarre Adventure endings up already and make em uncensored. I wanna see Dio explode, darnit >:K MightyKombat 14:53, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- Hey Andrew where's the booze? Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ending? This one? ;) http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/f/jojo2.htm No explosion though, since it's the non-Jpn ending. ReyVGM 15:17, 2 December 2012 (EST)
- Awesome, thanks. If I remember you can uncensor the English version of the game via the dip switches. I think its under "Expressions" or something. MightyKombat 15:31, 2 December 2012 (EST)
Recent Changes page acting up?
Is it me or is this site's server playing up again? It might be that I'm using the 3DS's shitty browser but the Recent Changes page just won't load at all. MightyKombat 01:37, 10 December 2012 (EST)
- Three things: 1) please remember to make a new topic instead of just editing a talk page, 2) I'm having the same problem regarding Recent Changes (I'm using Google Chrome on a Windows XP-running computer), and 3) why not bring this up on Talk:The Cutting Room Floor? -WarioBarker 20:29, 11 December 2012 (EST)
- Okay, okay, sorry. MightyKombat 21:54, 11 December 2012 (EST)
Gunstar Heroes Template
I had noticed the Genesis proto, but then my internet decided to crap out until about Noon. Thanks for adding it. :) -WarioBarker 20:15, 22 January 2013 (EST)
- Ahhhh. Well, don't mention it. Andrew Rae 20:53, 22 January 2013 (EST)
I was going to work on the other Smurf stuff later tonight. You beat me to it. :( Are you going to do the other games, too? // Foxhack 22:57, 22 May 2013 (EDT)
- Awwwwww, gomen ne ^^; Um, Smurfs Travel the World on Genesis is the only other one I'll be doing tonight. I'll give you that one if you want it, haven't uploaded the images yet. Andrew Rae 23:01, 22 May 2013 (EDT)
- Nah, don't worry about me. I just thought nobody'd care enough to do the other games in the series. Feel free to do all the ones that you want, I just don't want to step on your toes. :) Edit: However, I just noticed that the Genesis version has some unused debug content - the same names for the unused stages I found on the SNES version are in there (at 0x7A214), as are options for VRAM SPRITES. They may just be disabled... but the stages may still be in there. Too bad there's no Genesis emulator with a decent ZSNES-like cheat search engine. Anyway... yeah. // Foxhack 00:40, 23 May 2013 (EDT)
- Nooooooooagain. I was trying to get a PCE emulator to work but you beat me to it! :P // Foxhack 15:52, 25 May 2013 (EDT)
I knew I could count on you. https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/357577871323176960 // Foxhack 17:12, 17 July 2013 (EDT)
- Well...I just figured people ought to know what's in them. Andrew Rae 17:17, 17 July 2013 (EDT)
Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES) Graphic Viewer
How exactly did you come about the unlock method in this game? This text is also present in all games after it (all Street Fighter II variants that is), and I can only assume that the graphic viewer is accessible within them as well(unless it was scrapped and only text remains).--Abystus (talk) 01:03, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
- The graphic viewer? Try Devin, he's the one that put it up. Andrew Rae (talk) 12:53, 15 March 2014 (EDT)
No, not the giant portraits.
- Yes, I know that. As I mentioned in the edit summary, those 'icons' appear up on the map before the characters are fought. Play the game through or watch a video of it some time and you'll see what I mean.
- The staff would also like it if you put ~~~~ at the end of your posts, that's how you sign them. Andrew Rae (talk) 20:36, 29 September 2014 (EDT)
How/where did you obtain that title screenshot of Contra Adventure for its TCRF page? I'm curious because the colors of that shot are different from pretty much all other instances I've seen. A good example is the letter "C", which in your shot is noticeably more yellow-orange than what I've seen (red).Emjeeman (talk) 17:59, 30 December 2014 (EST)