Ghouls'n Ghosts (Genesis)
Ghouls'n Ghosts is a fairly adequate port done for the Genesis by Yuji Naka.
Entering Game Genie code AEZT-AAEE or patch code 2B84:01 enables some debug info. The top number indicates the sprites on-screen. However, what the other numbers represent isn't known yet.
At the title screen, press A four times, Up, Down, Left and Right. If done right, the music will stop and a jingle plays. When starting the game, the following actions are available:
- Pressing C while the game is paused advances the game frame by frame.
- Holding B while the game is paused causes the game to play in slow motion.
- Pressing A when the game is paused toggles invincibility. Note that this invincibility does not prevent the player from dying when they fall.
At the title screen, press Up, Down, Left and Right. If done right, the music will stop and a jingle plays. Then, press one of the following plus Start to go to the beginning of the corresponding level or A to go to the second half.
The Execution Place
The Floating Island
The Village of Decay
|Up + A||
Town of Fire
Baron Rankle's Tower
|Down + A||
Horrible Faced Mountain
The Crystal Forest
|Left + A||
The Ice Slopes
Beginning of Castle
|Right + A||
Middle of Castle
|Down + Right||
- The title screen is animated differently. The Japanese logo appears with a lightning bolt, while in English it scrolls down from above.
- Several options are renamed.
- The Japanese-only revision always plays as Daimakaimura, regardless of system region (references to Ghouls'n Ghosts remain in the ROM).
- In addition to the automatic selection, international versions added a button code to toggle the game between Ghouls'n Ghosts and Daimakaimura.
|The Ghosts'n Goblins series|
|Arcade||Ghosts'n Goblins (Prototype) • Ghouls'n Ghosts|
|Game Boy (Color)||Makaimura Gaiden: The Demon Darkness • Ghosts'n Goblins|
|Sega Master System||Ghouls'n Ghosts|
|ZX Spectrum||Ghouls'n Ghosts|
|SNES||Super Ghouls'n Ghosts (Prototype) • Demon's Crest|
|WonderSwan||Makaimura for WonderSwan|
|Plug & Play||Street Fighter II: Special Champion Edition, Ghouls'n Ghosts|