Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers
|Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers|
|This article has just been started and needs the article basics added.|
Help us out and
Space Quest IV has Roger Wilco traveling back and forth through time, while also being hunted down by Sludge Vohaul and his many henchmen.
Holy crap, this page needs help bad. There's probably a lot more unused content than what's currently on here. There's at least one prototype floating around, too. Here's a good place to start.
Leftover Parser Vocabulary
Vocab.900 contains a list of vocabulary that would have been used along with the parser. However, midway through development, Sierra forced the developers to use the point-and-click interface.
Room Removed For Legal Reasons
Included in the CD-ROM version is an additional room that is inaccessible, created as something of an in-joke. The room contains many references to the legally dubious things that landed Sierra in hot water. These include:
- The Radioshock logo that was removed from the CD version of this game.
- Earl Sinclair from the Dinosaurs TV series, seen in Quest for Glory.
- Hero's Quest, the original name for Quest for Glory.
- ZZ Top, who had an unauthorized cameo in the original Space Quest I and the first release of the VGA remake of Space Quest I.
- Droids R Us, the original name for Droids B Us from the original Space Quest I.
- Containers of Slime and Slug Chow.
Two more products intended for the player to click on in the Radioshock/Hz. So Good bargain bin, complete with box art. These were removed due to memory issues involving said bargain bin, as the player is able to move the boxes around and that action takes up a significant portion of memory. Both of these were present in a leaked prototype.
This cursor of a keycard is all that remains of the deleted item.
Between the floppy and the CD versions, quite a few things were changed around:
- The Sierra logo is green in the floppy version, but bronze in the CD version.
- Several pieces of art were altered to accommodate for the Windows version, as Windows reserved 20 of the 256 color entries for itself.
- The Radioshock store has been changed to a Hz. So Good store, most definitely to avoid a lawsuit from the then-popular Radioshack.
- The monochrome guys' motorcycles were changed from color to monochrome.
|The Space Quest series|
|DOS||Space Quest: The Sarien Encounter (Original, Enhanced) • Space Quest II • Space Quest III • Space Quest IV • Space Quest V • Space Quest 6|
|Windows||Space Quest IV • Space Quest 6|