- 1 Missing File
- 2 GoldenEye Edits
- 3 Image Quality
- 4 Super Mario Galaxy 2 Images
- 5 Image Transparency
- 6 Information from Kuribo64
- 7 Shiny Pokemon Models
- 8 Rename
- 9 User space articles
- 10 Are the names for the Mario Kart: Super Circuit unused items in-game?
- 11 SMO license plate edit
- 12 Weather data in Pokémon Black 2/White 2
- 13 Captain Toad Unused Levels
- 14 Custap Berry in SwSh
- I can't open DKs trophy :/
- GermanPokemon (talk) 03:33, 15 September 2013 (EDT)
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but:
- Action Themes
- I'm cool with covering these, but they're all used in multiplayer, which is probably why they weren't added originally. Depot is used in the mission, though.
- Colored Mines
- These are used as the lights on the mine's "gun" models seen in the watch menu. Paintball mines was disproven when that was discovered, even though they really look like mines. Removing and marking the textures for deletion.
- Explosion Bit
- The explosion bit is used as part of the debris thrown by explosions. Removing and marking the shot for deletion.
- Multiplayer "Oddities"
- Facility always has "invisible walls" (really floors without collision) around the gas tanks to stop you from walking and guards from shooting through them after they've been destroyed.
- The unfinished part of Streets is used in the mission's ending cutscene. There is a small part of it that can't be seen normally, the result of copying the entire room rather than just the geometry needed, but that should go into unused content by level if anything.
- There area behind the gate is empty so there's something to look at out there rather than a black void. It's also used in the solo ending cutscene, and as storage for the helicopter and blackbox props.
- The collision is always there in Cradle, otherwise you wouldn't be able to fall off, an action block just kills you in solo, and since it isn't in the multi setup, you can walk around under the Cradle.
- There's nothing odd about any of these and I don't think they should be in the article personally. The multiplayer levels use the same background geometry and collision tiles as the solo missions, only the setup files are different. Of course every section that isn't used is empty - if the opposite were true, then you'd have something to add to the article. The screenshots are also in a really odd resolution.
Please, hit me up before adding anything else like this, I can probably tell you if it's used, or look into it. There's a lot of old misinformation/theories about how stuff in GoldenEye would've been used, but thanks to all of the hackers that work on the game, we know most of them aren't true. SubDrag's old beta site linked on the talk page, for instance, is years out of date now. There's still plenty of actual unused content that still needs to be documented, though. --Dragonsbrethren (talk) 14:37, 20 November 2013 (EST)
- When does Depot X play in the game? I never heard that in singleplayer
- GermanPokemon (talk) 14:49, 20 November 2013 (EST)
You've been uploading a lot of PNGs that were converted from JPEG (example), which is prohibited by our image guidelines. Please reupload clean screenshots saved directly as PNG. --BMF54123 (talk) 21:10, 22 November 2013 (EST)
- The SSBB Pics were not converted from JPEG images. I used a "BIN to PNG" Converter.
- GermanPokemon (talk) 16:00, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- I'm assuming these were taken using the game's built-in screenshot feature, then? In that case, they'll need to be taken from an emulator instead. --BMF54123 (talk) 16:06, 23 November 2013 (EST)
- I'll upload new versions in the next days GermanPokemon (talk) 14:21, 8 December 2013 (EST)
- While you're at it, do images for galleries at consistent sizes, please. Random sized images make the articles look like shit. --Dragonsbrethren (talk) 15:13, 8 December 2013 (EST)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Images
I appreciate that you've added images to the Super Mario Galaxy 2 article, but a number of the objects are exactly the same as they were in the first Super Mario Galaxy. It's fine to reuse images of unused stuff from the other article, but there's no point in uploading things like the textures for the Melty Molten Galaxy sky or pictures of models of old enemies like Cataquack. The same also goes for the winged coin block, which looks exactly the same as the other Winged Item Blocks in the game. Having a picture of just the model adds very little to the article because the thing that is unused is its behavior. I don't think there's any official policy on this kind of thing, that's just how I feel about it. --Peardian (talk) 21:56, 9 June 2014 (EDT)
- There's no official policy, but I agree. We don't need to clutter up articles with completely unnecessary images. --BMF54123 (talk) 22:02, 9 June 2014 (EDT)
- I know this mainly pertained to Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I'd like to expand on this a bit in regards to the first game as well. You uploaded a picture of the unused Boo-summoning Magikoopa. The problem is, all Magikoopas look exactly the same because there is only one Magikoopa model. Just like the Winged Coin Block before, the picture does nothing to show what is actually unused (the Boo summoning behavior) and adds nothing to the article. --Peardian (talk) 22:51, 25 June 2014 (EDT)
Please pay more attention when you're giving models transparent backgrounds. Models with anti-aliasing, transparency, backgrounds that blend in with parts of the model, very dark textures, and prominent white areas should not be given a transparent background, and you should never, EVER add outlines that aren't supposed to be there! Peardian gave most of those a purple background for a good reason, and I generally trust his judgment. --BMF54123 (talk) 15:42, 24 June 2014 (EDT)
- Sorry, I wanted to give all the models a transparent background and forgot about that :/ GermanPokemon (talk) 15:44, 24 June 2014 (EDT)
Information from Kuribo64
I noticed that some of the text you used for the Super Mario Galaxy/2 pages were copied directly from Kuribo64's object database. If you're going to get information from another site like that, you could at least write your own text for it rather than ripping off what someone else wrote.
Also, while I understand that some unused content is technical in nature, some of the recent additions you've made to the article look like you're writing a reference guide for SMG hackers. Descriptions like "Woodbox plays a sound if Obj_arg0 = 3" mean very little to the average user and don't explain anything about the content other than how hackers can enable it. I'm not saying you shouldn't include things like that, but try not to have that be the only description you give. I spent most of my evening researching the things you added in order to verify and expand on the little information you provided. --Peardian (talk) 23:50, 12 July 2014 (EDT)
- Sorry that you had to research all the stuff. I used the text from Kuribo64 as a placeholder. :o
- GermanPokemon (talk) 04:23, 13 July 2014 (EDT)
Shiny Pokemon Models
I don't exactly see much of a difference between the two versions of the files, but I don't have a very good eye for small details. Do you mind explaining what's different? --AquaBat (talk) 08:45, 10 December 2014 (EST)
- Because the previous ones are badly cropped and very pixely. GermanPokemon (talk) 08:55, 10 December 2014 (EST)
User space articles
Hello, we've recently deprecated the creation of user space articles like the Super Mario Galaxy 2 page (as well as its subpages) that you've recently created. The reason is that too many user space articles were being left there, and were not being moved to the main space of the wiki. Therefore, please feel free to move your pages to the main space of the wiki and to work on them there. Please let me know if you need any help moving the pages. Thank you! -- Bast (talk) 22:41, 9 April 2016 (EDT)
- Thank you, I need help with that, because I don't know how to move pages. The SMG2 page and the subpage have to be moved. SunakazeKun (talk) 02:26, 10 April 2016 (EDT)
- To move a page, you can simply click the "Move" tab to do so. I have moved the sub-page already, but since there is already a pre-existing Super Mario Galaxy 2 page, you will have to merge the changes manually. If the old page doesn't contain any information your page lacks, you can simply use copy and paste to replace the existing page's wikicode with your own and save it. -- Bast (talk) 02:54, 10 April 2016 (EDT)
Are the names for the Mario Kart: Super Circuit unused items in-game?
- Just descriptions I came up with. I thought these were the most suitable names for them. SunakazeKun (talk) 06:27, 11 March 2018 (EDT)
SMO license plate edit
- If you look closely, you can notice the different number plate without the Coin filter. My theory is that the "Normal" map for the broken-down taxis once had a different number plate and the developers forgot to update the texture. SunakazeKun (talk) 13:20, 12 March 2018 (EDT)
- I can't see it without the coin filter, but what you say makes sense and it does seem like the coin filter only displays the normal maps. I've updated the page to say that. --Hiccup (talk) 14:55, 12 March 2018 (EDT)
Weather data in Pokémon Black 2/White 2
Hello, I'm a ROM researcher for most Pokémon games, I've actually been curious about how exactly did you manage to change the weather values for a map in Pokémon B2/W2? I've been doing some research on B/W map data, and I'd really like to help document some of the data. And as I've noticed, the maptable in a/0/1/2 does not contain weather values. And I've been looking very hard in the game's memory, and I've only got as close as modifying Route 4's weather in the "calender.c" location at RAM offset 0x02257CB8-02257CB9. I've managed to change its map ID in the memory to a different map, but it works only on certain maps. If I change the ID to Nuvema Town (0x185), it doesn't sandstorm, it remains sunny, while other maps such as Nimbasa City, Route 5 and many others can change to that weather effect. I really don't quite get how the weather system functions in B/W/B2/W2. I really thought I'd ask you, since you're the one who actually posted the unused thunderstorm and tornado weather effects in Black 2/White 2. I'd really like to know the locations of the weather values in RAM and in the ROM itself, and how exactly it operates. It's something I'd really like to document. Thank you so much! Platinum Lucario (talk) 12:22, 18 July 2018 (EDT)
Captain Toad Unused Levels
Hey aurum, i was wondering about something you posted on the captain toad page, and i was trying to contact you but couldnt find anywhere so im trying here, could i ask some questions about it? I have a dump of the game and am trying to load the unused complete level by just renaming the file to another stage, but that is crashing the game for me. Thanks! Zachruff (talk) 21:31, 22 November 2018 (EST)