Taipei (Microsoft, Windows)
This game has debugging material.
Taipei is a Mah Jongg-style game for Windows. Like a few other games from the Entertainment Pack, it was apparently planned to be shipped with Windows at one point.
There is another menu in the executable file, named "1000". It is accessible in-game by renaming it to "TAIPEI" (moving the default menu out of the way).
- Load - Brings up a dialogue box to load a .TP file. Loading a file doesn't appear to actually do anything, as a new random game is started even when loading the same file repeatedly.
- Save - Presumably saves to the last file saved to...
- Save As - Brings up a dialogue box to save something to a .TP file.
- Play - Seems to start a new game of another number without updating the title bar.
- Clear - Clears the board.
None of this appears to do anything...
|The Microsoft Entertainment Pack series|
|Windows Entertainment Pack||Cruel • Golf (Prototype) • TicTactics (Prototypes) • Minesweeper (1990) (Prototypes) • Tetris • Taipei|
|Windows Entertainment Pack 2||FreeCell (1991) • Pipe Dream (Prototype) • Tut's Tomb • Rattler Race (Prototype)|
|Windows Entertainment Pack 3||LifeGenesis • SkiFree • TetraVex (Prototype) • TriPeaks • WordZap|
|Windows Entertainment Pack 4||Dr. Black Jack • Chip's Challenge • JezzBall|
|Other||Microsoft Entertainment Pack • Microsoft Puzzle Collection|