Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun
|Dungeons & Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun|
This game has hidden developer credits.
Warriors of the Eternal Sun is a semi-obscure D&D RPG that plays rather like an Ultima game.
Finish checking which of the unused things have actual effects.
At the Sega logo screen, hold Start on Controller 2 and press Down, B, Right, Up, C, Left, A on Controller 1 before the screen fades out. A sound will confirm correct entry of this part of the code. Keep Start held until the copyright screen appears, then release Start on Controller 2, hold Start on Controller 1, and press Up, A, B, Left on Controller 2. Unlike the first part of the code, there won't be any indication of correct entry of this part. Also, the second part of the code will not work if you already have a saved game in the battery.
Start the game, pause, then choose Options, then Special to access the debugging functions, which are:
First code enables these:
- MUSIC MENU: Sound Test.
- CREATE ENEMIES: Uncertain.
- BOOST GOLD: Gives the party more gold.
Second code enables these:
- TURN COORDS: Adds a coordinate display above the party list.
- BOOST PLAYERS: Increases everyone's experience.
- GAME LEVEL: Change the progress of the game.
- COLLISIONS: Changes some colors in-game.
Alternatively, use Pro Action Replay (PAR) codes FFA94C:007F FFA94E:0055 (has only been tested with Gens) or the below Game Genie codes to enable the full debug menu:
RGWA-A6X8 RGVT-A61E ALWA-AA7C RGSA-A6ZL ALVT-AA5L
The name Paul in the music test refers to Paul S. Mudra, one of the sound designers.
- +1 Sword, +3 vs. Undead
- +1 Sword, +3 vs. Dragons
- +1 Sword, Flames
- +1 Sword, Energy Drain
- +1 Sword, +3 vs. Enchanted
- +1 Sword/+2 vs. Spell Users
- Wand of Paralyzation
- Staff of Striking
- Wand, Detect Secret Doors
- Wand of Magic Detection
- Wand of Negation
- Wand of Trap Detection
- Boots of Speed - Fully functional, and takes effect just by being in a character's inventory. It puts the wearer in permanent Haste status.
- Girdle of Giant Strength - Can be equipped as a standard weapon/item, and can be used, but does nothing readily apparent.
- Ring of Spell Turning - It's unknown if any of these extra rings do as their names suggest, but this one obviously would have caused spells to reflect off the wearer. Uses the same icon as the Ring of Fire Resistance.
- Ring of Water Walking - The name suggests that this ring would allow the wearer to walk over water, but it doesn't actually do this. Probably scrapped because it just wouldn't work having only one of four characters with such an ability. Its icon is the same as the Ring of Regeneration.
- Ring of Weakness - Again unknown if it actually does anything, although its name suggests it's a cursed item which would make the wearer weaker. Its icon is the same as the Medallion, further suggesting that it wasn't finished.
- Drums of Panic - An infinite-use attack item that only works inside dungeons. It does about 25 damage but can only target the user, making it entirely worthless.
- Horn of Blasting - Another broken infinite-use attack item. Can be used outside, and does about 25 damage to anything in range, but can also only target allies. It won't even affect enemies that are in range.
- Potion of Fire Resistance - A one-shot potion that makes the target immune to fire temporarily. The Rings of Fire Resistance are permanent and only really needed in one place in the game, so this potion is redundant.
- Potion of Poison - A simple one-use item that poisons the target.
- Potion of Heroism
- Potion of Giant Strength - Presumably, this item temporarily increases the target's strength.
- Potion of Speed - Temporarily puts the target in Haste status.
- Potion of Invulnerability
- Protection From Magic
- Protection From Elementals
- Protection From Undead
- Map - Can be equipped and used as an item, but has no effect. Either this is how maps were viewed before the developers changed it to a menu option instead, or it's a hidden effect used when picking up maps in unfamiliar lands.
- Scroll - Another item that has no effect. Seems to just be a placefiller, as it uses the standard scroll icon.
- Scroll - Same as above, except this one's red icon is not used anywhere else.
- Animate Dead
- Create Water
- Cure Blindness
- Detect Traps
- Hold Portal
- Mirror Image
- Project Image
- Read Languages
- Read Magic
- Remove Barrier
- Sticks to Snakes
- Wall of Fire
- Wall of Iron
- Wall of Stone
- Water Breathing
- Wizard Eye
- Wizard Lock
The Dungeons & Dragons series
|DOS||Pool of Radiance • Curse of the Azure Bonds • Secret of the Silver Blades • Pools of Darkness • Eye of the Beholder • Eye of the Beholder II - The Legend of Darkmoon • Eye of the Beholder III - Assault on Myth Drannor • Stronghold • Al-Qadim: The Genie's Curse • Blood & Magic • Descent to Undermountain|
|PC-98||Pool of Radiance|
|NES||Heroes of the Lance • Hillsfar • Pool of Radiance • DragonStrike|
|SNES||Eye of the Beholder|
|Genesis||Warriors of the Eternal Sun|
|Sega CD||Eye of the Beholder|
|Windows||Planescape: Torment • Neverwinter Nights • The Temple of Elemental Evil|
|PlayStation 2||Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance|
|Xbox||Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance|
|GameCube||Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance|
|Game Boy Advance||Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance|